Any members of 892NAS on here?

Back in the days when we still had a Navy (before Blair and his idiots), I was on 892, from 1975 to the end, dec 1978. From there I joined Sea Harrier IFTU/700A, which went on to become 899. The day I walked out of Nelson Barracks, the big headline in the Sun was about the Argie scrap dealers on South Georgia. I have to admit, I felt pretty sick, knowing all my oppo's were going off to do the stuff we'd played at for years; I damn nearly turned round and walked back in again.

Though it's been years, I'd like to catch up with old mates.

"Big Shirl" Rob Pierce.

rob5044 said:
Back in the days when we still had a Navy (before Blair and his idiots), I was on 892, from 1975 to the end, dec 1978. From there I joined Sea Harrier IFTU/700A, which went on to become 899. The day I walked out of Nelson Barracks, the big headline in the Sun was about the Argie scrap dealers on South Georgia. I have to admit, I felt pretty sick, knowing all my oppo's were going off to do the stuff we'd played at for years; I damn nearly turned round and walked back in again.

Though it's been years, I'd like to catch up with old mates.

"Big Shirl" Rob Pierce.
Yep - I was in 892 from '69 to '72 at Yeovilton, Ark Royal and Leuchars. Went SD as a Chief Air Fitter in '74 and rejoined Ark as Assistant FDO in '76 until decomissioning in '78 - bow cat mostly launching 892 Phantoms. Happy days!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shakey The Quarterdeck 14
D Sports and Adventure Training 0
higthepig The Corps 25