Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Medical Assistants out there looking at a joining date this year??

94seldCO

Badgeman
Just wondering if there is anyone joining up as a MA if so when did you start you application? and when have you been told your going in (roughly)? :-D

jrcharlery

I started my application for MA(GS) in August 2010 and my AFCO said I should be going in by next year. I've got a long wait ahead. When did you start your application?

I started the application process at AFCO Peterborough around the end of October 2009. Around February 2010, I moved over to AFCO Hull because I was spending more time seeing my boyfriend who goes to uni at Hull than at home! Plus I had to travel over 30 miles to AFCO Peterborough.

My CA predicts that I'll be at Raleigh, or receiving a letter for Raleigh around April next year. I hope it's sooner!

94seldCO

Badgeman
i started my application Dec 09 AFCO Plymouth but wasnt old enough to take tests etc until Feb 10 and by the end of March i had taken the RT interview medical and fitness and all the other bits and bobs were sorted too. i was told feb 2012 but i have recently been told by my CA to expect a date this year and its very likely id be going Raleigh in October 2011 as the waiting time has thankfully dropped to 18 months for me. best of luck to you both :)

silverfox64

Midshipman
I have a relative who had their RT April 10 all their tests were completed a few months later and the CA said strong likelyhood of this year as well, same branch as you. All the best

silverfox64

Midshipman
Are you special because of your beautiful wooley poolley care of Solei perfect washing instructions? That is the secret of jumping the waiting game folks !!!

Merlin28

War Hero
Are you special because of your beautiful wooley poolley care of Solei perfect washing instructions? That is the secret of jumping the waiting game folks !!!

Absolutely

I also managed to pass STC Medic selection which is why the wait is shorter. I did get told September this year but it looks more likely to be Jan 2012. Dates are (gen)

silverfox64

Midshipman
Wishing you all the best, you will of course be the smartest recruit at raleigh ( just follow those soleil instructions to the letter)

Merlin28

War Hero
Wishing you all the best, you will of course be the smartest recruit at raleigh ( just follow those soleil instructions to the letter)

I doubt it I am a right scruffy b'stard but the STC focus more on intellect and fitness so I should be fine

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Medical assistants? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
gammaguy117 medical assistants on helicopters Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
C Medical Assistants - are they different to everyone else? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
C Medical Assistants Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
M Medical Assistant (Submariner) Quals Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 33
MoD_RSS Kenya: call for bids for medical insurance and building products MoD News 0
N Colour perception in medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 17 November 2020 MoD News 0
C Capita and medical history Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Face to Face Medical - Covid Lockdown? Joining the Royal Navy 0
B Re-applying and the medical. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
N royal navy medical appeal alcohol Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
R Pre-entry Medical Manchester location? Cancer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Excess Weight - COVID challenges and a failed medical Joining the Royal Navy 0
M Pre-joining medical : where is it? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical device supplier resolves CMA concerns MoD News 0
T Potential medical discharge Finance & Pensions 29
W Failed Medical- Eczema Joining the Royal Navy 5
M Medical Review Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Medical Confusion Joining the Royal Navy 15
A Medical Eligabillity Joining the Royal Navy 16
S Medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
C Medical Assistant Role Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Emerging Canadian leaders in the medical field secure UK Government's Chevening Scholarship MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Update from the UK Chief Medical Officers on the COVID-19 alert level MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
B Captia medical Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Medical Appeals waiting time Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
R Medical questionnaire, best practice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Government working with midwives, medical experts, and academics to investigate BAME maternal mortality MoD News 0
M Aircraft controller aircrew medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Medical History of Opiate Dependance Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Medical - Irritation in ears Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on schools and childcare reopening MoD News 0
L MH Susceptible -Medical (Suxamethonium) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K Medical Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Medical appeal Joining the Royal Navy 8
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Letter to medicines and medical products suppliers: 3 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from the UK Chief Medical Officers on extension of self-isolation period: 30 July 2020 MoD News 0
S Frustrating medical triage Joining the Royal Navy 5
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Medical Device “Certificates of Compliance” / “Attestation of Conformity” have no legal standing under MDR MoD News 0
R GP medical paperwork delays Joining the Royal Navy 7
Y Medical issues Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
B CAPITA MEDICAL Joining the Royal Navy 39
MoD_RSS Deos: delivering faster and better mobile medical screening MoD News 0
P What’s assessed on aircrew medical? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
P Medical appeal Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10