Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any last tips?

Ckh79

Hello everyone,
I am about to join hms Raleigh this Sunday and was wondering if I could get any last tips to help me while I'm down there.
Thanks,

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

jrwlynch

Lantern Swinger
"All hope abandon, ye who enter here..." - Dante's Inferno

"Fly, you fools!" - The Fellowship of the Ring

"RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

...More seriously, pay attention to what you're told to do and make sure you and your oppos do it well, and that's a big part of it done. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

Ckh79

Thanks alot yous too, I'll make sure to keep you updated and yeah I realised up in my prnc that former cadets aren't their favourite people so I'll keep that in mind.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Zeb

Lantern Swinger
Do as others have advised and keep your mouth shut! My son has found out the hard way today and put on a warning!

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Keep your mouth shut and your head down. Don't be first but definitely don't be last - be second or third. On squad runs DO NOT be away out front - drop back and help/encourage a slower team member. Look on kit musters as a thing of beauty and pride -make your's look as tiddly as you can.

Remember - bullshit baffles brains. If you learn nothing else from New Entry or life, remember that!

Sumo

War Hero
Enjoy, take it in the spirt of a new adventure, and listen to what your instructors tell you they may stitch you up from time to time but bods from other classes will really stitch you up. Try and gel as a class it makes life easier, you may be making new friends for life. Pulling your wait and not being a dead weight will be noticed but do not brag it up or play the big I am that will single yourself out as a potential ********, it is also very simple to make the wrong impression when you are ultra-keen so take a breath count to ten and proceed.
Good luck

MoMorris

Midshipman
I know a few people who are joining with you. If im right, your in Hanson division meaning you have majorly dipped in! My juniors will be your seniors. Your PO's are the most sound guys youll ever meet. You should be met at the train station by the Leading Reg....hes quite intimidating especially when hes the first person you meet. don't worry about him, he changes after week 4 and becomes the most sound person youll ever meet.
The Chief is a lad. Simple as, he doesn't want to kick anyone out but will if he has to. Oh, Chief lovewell loves being called Leading Hand! ;)
I passed out of Raleigh sept 11th and I honestly thoroughly enjoyed it. Any deep questions about It, just PM me. Play he game, take extra towels, underwear and such to use as stunt...youll never use them. Never get dis heartened, it wont help anything and just continue to put you down. PM me and ill give you my email address so if you have any concerns and worries during Raleigh, you can just ping me one across and ill do my best to help!

Mo

Last edited:

Drakey

War Hero
I'm not too sure that members of staff would appreicate being identifed and mentioned on this site. Also, taking extra kit such as towels etc purely for display during kit musters does not show an ability to look after and maintain your kit.

Last edited:

MoMorris

Midshipman
I'm not too sure that members of staff would appreicate being identifed and mentioned on this site. Also, taking extra kit such as towels etc purely for display during kit musters does not show an ability to look after and maintain your kit.

You have a point about the names, ive edited the post.
The reason for the extra kit is because our PO's told us to bing them. As I stated, they want to make your life as easy as possible. You dont have to take extra. However, its recommended that you buy them when your able to.
People don't have to listen, its just little bits of advice that makes Raleigh that little bit easier

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator

But now you've quoted the post the names are there despite being deleted from the OP ;)

Drakey

War Hero
I've now edited my post also. I think I got my point across though. MoMorris appears to be the resident expert on all issues concerning Phase 1 training.

MoMorris

Midshipman
I've now edited my post also. I think I got my point across though. MoMorris appears to be the resident expert on all issues concerning Phase 1 training.

not saying im an 'expert' atall.....im just putting things that got me through training.
Hints and tips...that's what im putting down.
Im putting what I learned and considering ive just passed out, I thought it was a helpful thing to do.

AAF

War Hero
not saying im an 'expert' atall.....im just putting things that got me through training.
Hints and tips...that's what im putting down.
Im putting what I learned and considering ive just passed out, I thought it was a helpful thing to do.
It was , carry on Mo.

Sumo

War Hero
MoMorris appears to be the resident expert on all issues concerning Phase 1 training.

He probably is at this point in time those that manage to escape the firing squad and go all the way to graduation, are the current experts until the next class passes out, but not all of them post on here, so any help to the new recruits should be welcome, relying on someone like me that passed out of Ganges in 1974 or Raleigh in 1982 from Leading Rate leadership course is no use really.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
9 13 days notice S*****g my pants any last minute tips :D Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 44
H Interview numbero uno tomo. Any last min tips? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
M Any last minute tips would be most appreciated!!!!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
MoD_RSS New data shows proportion of steel procured within UK has doubled since last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue rising with 13,840 more than last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS NHS nurse numbers continue to rise with 13,502 more than last year MoD News 0
D Navy as a last resort option Joining the Royal Navy 61
MoD_RSS Last chance to ‘wave goodbye’ to Mercury mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last chance to express interest for rural business growth grants MoD News 0
C Last time a squadron of ships sailed together apart from the Dartmouth Training Squadron in the 1960's Miscellaneous 7
MoD_RSS Last chance to sign up for the EECAN Roadshow MoD News 0
soleil Refinery 29: "Money Diary - A Submariner On £43k In Her Last Week On Shore For Months" Submariners 17
MoD_RSS The Last Overland Adventure expedition arrived in Ashgabat MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Home education: a choice or last resort? MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Last nuclear fuel flask leaves Wylfa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Final nuclear fuel removed from last Magnox reactor MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of companies missed crucial accounts deadline last year MoD News 0
MoD_RSS If your charity last did an annual return before 12 November 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance to apply for International Trade Summer School MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Porsche is the number one prestige car brand clamped last year by DVLA MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: PM statement on the liberation of the last Daesh-held territory: 23 March 2019 MoD News 0
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp The last surviving REAL Great Escape Survivor finally passes away History 0
MoD_RSS News story: The end of an era: RAF Tornado returns from operations for the last time MoD News 0
Sumo Last man standing Current Affairs 0
S RFA - living outside the Uk in the last 5 years Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
Dusty70 “Name the last Type 26 Frigate HMS Plymouth”. Petitions 4
Capn_Pugwash Last Post and Reveille - sheet music History 2
soleil Forces Network News: "HMS Tyne Goes Home For The Last Time" The Fleet 24
A Last year in school need advice about joining Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
Ballistic HMS Ocean's last homecoming Current Affairs 3
T Son passed out of Raleigh last week Joining the Royal Navy 5
fishhead Say again your last Land Ops 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Autonomy on the frontline: Last Mile challenge winners announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Autonomous last mile resupply network event - information pack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator webinar: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Accelerator innovation network event: autonomous last mile resupply MoD News 0
J Not lived in UK last 5 years. RFA 8
MoD_RSS News story: UK and US look to robotics help for ‘last mile’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Last chance for Sergeant Arthur Pulman MoD News 6
J Last minute medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS News story: A new painting marks Army’s relationship with Scotland over last 100 years MoD News 0
Rodgersthecabinboy Found this last night. Diamond Lil's 6
P Your last session/workout! Health & Fitness 282
M hms picotee,last man standing History 3
Sea-man Last post I promise!! Submariners 7
D Afghanistan, the lions last roar? Current Affairs 12
muskovardo Any advice for last minute weight loss? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
F Probably my last ever thread Diamond Lil's 60
BARNEYRNSM Last WW2 veteran to leave the RN History 38
D Interview tomorrow, any last minute advise Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2