Any last minute tips would be most appreciated!!!!!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mike_slade, Jul 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    I have my FATs this monday and tuesday, done everything i can think of that should give me an edge during the testing. However any last minute tips, as stated, would be most appreciated!!! Thanks in advance to any comments!
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Take a leather flying helmet, goggles & white silk scarf.

(Good luck)
  3. And a Pipe?
  4. Don't eat yellow snow.

Oh and stop worrying, you'll either pass, or you won't. No point getting your knickers in a twist over it.
  5. Cheers for your errr comments, i would not say i'm getting my knickers in a twist! Just trying to improve my chances of doing something i really want to do! I don't for a second believe that these tests just test your innate ability, as i have found many thing i can do that will hopefully give me a better score!
  6. I never said that you WERE getting your knickers in a twist, I said that there's NO POINT getting your knickers in a twist!
    Good luck with your FATs, just TRY no to worry!
  7. I' ll try not to! I am safe in the knowledge that i have done everything i can think of to try and get myself ready for these tests. If i were to fail then at least i know i had done everything possible to try and give myself a fighting chance! This last post was a final sort of ''does anyone have any helpful tips for on the day'' type post!
  8. This last post was a final sort of ''does anyone have any helpful tips for on the day'' type post!
    What like eat a good breakfast, don't be late, brush your teeth, have a shave, etc etc.
  9. haha well yeah, but i'd kinda already thought of the more obvious ones like that!!! It was more in test tips, i spoke to this one guy who had done them, he was saying about how one test you have to direct a dot around on the screen accurately and the joy stick controls up and down and the pedals left and right, his tip was to jam the joy stick right over to one side so it was more natural to use the pedals for left and right instead of the joystick......thats the kinda tips that would be most helpful :)
  10. yeah i had read that, but a few more comments had been added since! cheers for reminding me! that last comment on that post was particularly helpful!
  11. Say "Peachy" and Sweet Work" a lot, that will get you through.
  12. Take your teddy bear for comfort and a pussers milkshake.... one pint of milk to half a pint of dark rum. Drink ice cold all in one go. :pissed:
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The problem with asking for last minute advice is that you may not be able to act upon it even if we each possessed such exalted information.

It would be rather unfortunate if everyone who had a bit of pass/fail criteria information withheld it to cover the eventuality that someone may ask it at the last moment . Up until now no-one asked, so we deliberately didn't tell anyone else about the flying helmet & goggles. (The silk scarf was merely a joke).

Anyway, good luck- I improvised with an inflated condom atop my bonce & two scuba-diver's "OK" hand-signals held close to my mince pies. But enough of why I'm a stoker.... tally ho

14. Give me some of that pilot shit..........

And remember, if you're too close for missiles...switch to guns...
  15. slam on the brakes and they'll fly right by.

works every time!