Any Ideas following Side Swipe by Caravan.

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by trelawney126, Jul 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got side swiped by a caravan on M5. Managed to get photo of the back of the caravan but its a distance shot. He shot off without stopping. ( I was too busy trying to stop my tailer from overturning) The motorway cameras were facing the wrong way to be of any use. Any ideas on how to sharpen the picture to get the plate number? Will post picture if any ideas. Thanks Tre.

2. If you can't digitally zoom further then you're buggered most likely. Just phone the police and get a crime number. If the image is only just unreadable you could reverse the image, or play with the contrast.

3. Just an option, had the misses, daughter, son in law and the fourteen week old grandson in the car at the time, Know it was a cream Avocet (logo top right of caravan) caravan, who just decided that he'd just change lanes without looking. Glad to have survived, furious that he didn't stop to check, just hit the gas and fcuke off as quick as he could. Drove to hard shoulder and called the police. I'll try to see what I can do with the shot.

4. Can you make out any part of the numberplate after zooming in?

Why don't you post the picture in the gallery? Highest quality you can? People could have a crack at deciperhing the ****** then.

5. Report to plod.

Even with Motorway camera's facing wrong way, the pair of you will have passed many cameras during your transit.

Hand it to plod. Let them earn their large salaries.

6. Just hope it's not a Traveller if it is you are fecked I'm afraid! if caught they won't pay up.
    Hope you get it sorted mate.

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Make it your personal vendetta to blow up every caravan you can.

Process of illimination and you're doing everyone else a favour. Best of luck.

8. I had a mate in Norway who could have helped you, unfortunatley he's a bit busy at the moment !!!.

(waiting for incoming) !!!!!

9. If its pykies, if caught, it might be your house thats side swiped next.

10. Why not sit in the fast lane of the motorway causing a tail back and surely at some point the fecker that did this will get caught in the traffic jam and you can find him??