Any idea for PRNC dates after passing fitness test?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by hello_there, Jul 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm applying for ET(MESM) and passed my pjft yesterday, just wondering if anyone has any kind of rough idea. The only thing that my CA told me at interview was that "you could be in pretty quick". I don't know if that means quick compared to other trades or quick as in generally quick? My interview was back in December so I don't know if waiting times would have changed much since then?

and incase your wondering my pjft was so late because I was injured since February.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

You won't go on a PRNC until an entry date it allocated. Best guess, unless your AFCO advise otherwise or Security Clearance isn't already underway, is about November for entry.

Again your AFCO are best placed to advise.
  3. Cheers. Completed security questionare in December, heard nothing since, I'm assuming no news is good news ?
  4. My son passed his FT on 15th March, the next day he got his PRNC date which was 1st May..!!
  5. How much notice is usually given for the prnc? Sooner the better but I am working full time and obviously taking a full week off I would need to give some notice, especially considering my employer doesn't even know I've applied.. If I'm going to say I'm going on holiday for example ..
  6. spot on guess!