any hope for a single mum, ex RN who wants to get into RNR?

Maiden_Figurehead

Midshipman
cheers guys, much appreciated! being a thicko at school I managed to fail maths gcse, but in my civvy job i am a whizz with spreadsheets etc...Im a qualified project manager for DWP...there are a few roles that seem to be suitable...guess Id better find a babysitter for tuesday nights then...at least I know I can do the fitness test!...well Im emailing HMS Sherwood now to find out when I can go down for a chat!

thanks again!
Hi, I know this is an ancient thread now, but how did things work out for you? I'm also a single mother that failed maths GCSE (but budgets and does business accounting with no issues!) Curious to see how you got on. Hoping to retake GCSE and become an officer myself. Hope it came good for you.

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. The original poster was last seen on here nearly 8 years ago.
To pass the time, there would probably be a better response to a thread entitled:

Any hope for an RNR, ex RN who wants to get into a single mum?​

Jack

Last edited:
Hi, I know this is an ancient thread now, but how did things work out for you? I'm also a single mother that failed maths GCSE (but budgets and does business accounting with no issues!) Curious to see how you got on. Hoping to retake GCSE and become an officer myself. Hope it came good for you.
I don't see why not, I'm currently going through the RNR process but there are plenty of recruits in our ships company who are in the same position. Like People have said previously, as long as you can give the time when you can, the RNR can accommodate you.