Any genuine tips for BRNC?

Jacobus

War Hero
The advice is all sound. Don’t overdo the phys, however ensure you can run and swim at a reasonable click. Learn how to dhoby and press your kit, esp shirts and trousers. You’ll be shown how to lay out your kit, bull shoes etc upon arrival and will be assigned a sea daddy to show you the ropes however you’re expected to pick it up pretty quickly. It’s what you make of it. I think the days of it being run like an English public school are long over. And well rid frankly. And aside from the physical training aspects, there are any number of extra curricular activities to volunteer for ( sailing to gliding to you name it ) to make it a blast. The parade ground training is some of the most fun stuff that you can do. And the drill instructors amongst the funniest people you’ll meet. As someone else has said listen to the PO’s and CPO’s on the river and on the moor who do the lions’ share of the instruction. They’ve been there and seen it. Academically it’s a slight step up from GCSE’s, with emphasis obviously on Navy, new and old.
Finally, drink in the history of the place. It’s steeped in it; and I can see it vanishing some day.
Oh and don’t buy a set of doeskin fives, (if one could) or a sword just yet.

EliteBlue

OK, instead of generalising. Be specific in what exactly you want. What 'experienced' answers do you you want?
Sorry for the confusion, I was meaning to say they were smashing answers- I meant to say I appreciate the experienced answers you all gave, bad phrasing so my bad

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Sorry for the confusion, I was meaning to say they were smashing answers- I meant to say I appreciate the experienced answers you all gave, bad phrasing so my bad
Ambiguous statements...you can sign that bit of the course off, you'll go far ;)