Any Ex's getting tax free abroad

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by frogman007, Jun 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Had a good trawl through the HMRC website and f*** me it's hard work! Are there any ex's on here that get their pay tax free when working abroad? Appreciate you need to be away for 183 days, but the HMRC states you need to be on a ship of some description to claim seafarers tax allowance. My question is do any ex's work abroad a lot of the year and get any sort of tax relief???
  2. FlagWagger

    FlagWagger Book Reviewer

    Not any more, but in my first year out of the UK while I still had a UK employer I filled in form P85 and received my UK salary off-shore free of UK tax. However, this form is only used if you're planning to be out of the UK for at least a complete tax year.

    Good luck in your battles with the Tax Code!
  3. Def not going to be taking them on, choose your battles and all that! Will give them a call Monday, just wanted to see if anyone has done it. Looking at working out of the country for over six months a year when I leave.

Share This Page