Any chance?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by boxy, Apr 16, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know what the chances are that i could branch transfer from sea spec to aircraft handler, i have spoken to my DO who is'nt very helpful at the best of times but suggested that i try and get some experience at an air station.honestly any advice and information would help alot, i have also tryed looking for info on the Intranet but could'nt find muchthanks.

2. I would guess not a chance in hell.
    But things may have changed in the 13 years I have been out.

3. Are there any aircraft left too handle?

4. I hope that was a typo, Finks.

5. It's a sad day when you have to come on to an internet forum for an answer just because your DO hasn't told you what you want to hear. There is every chance that you will be able to achieve a transfer IF THERE IS A SERVICE REQUIREMENT to do so. Many on here will have anecdotal evidence of it being possible "as my mate blah blah blah..." did it. Your branch manager has to be willing to release you as well as the NA(AH) branch manager being willing to accept you if he has shortfall that he needs to fill. Don't hold your breath. Buy yourself a lottery ticket as the odds are probably better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Boxy, I have been shoreside for a year now, so slightly out of date, but there was a shortage of AB (I assume) specs when I was last afloat. As Drakey says there would be a requirement for any move to be beneficial to service requirements. I thought we were overborne (or at least up to scratch) with handlers, in which case your move would be doubtful, but I am only guessing as things change very quickly. If your DO is not helping try your DEPCO, if he won't help try speaking to your waterfront manning office to get some idea of manning levels of each branch. Good luck.

7. Have a look in BR3 about what you need to do and how to do it!! Any reason you want to be a Handler?? If you have the aptitude you could try Aircrewman!! They are a shortage branch and recruiting again!!

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

8. Boxy

What has prompted your question?