Any careers advisors around?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by navy_nixx, Dec 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi.

I'm ex RN, left in 2006 as an OM1 when i got pregnant. Husband is a PO and we now have another child.

Long story short, i have decided to re-join and was wondering how easy this is and what my chances of being allowed back in are? Does having children and a husband in, affect anything?

Just wanted a bit of advice about re-joining, before i get the ball rolling again at the careers office.

Thanks.

2. Good luck with getting them to give you a straight answer..

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Welcome to the site, try to ignore the petulant schoolchildren.

There's a link to re-entry advice in the FAQ section sticky here.

The main thing to remember is that childcare is the individual's responsibility & there's every chance you & your partner can be drafted to sea simultaneously.

It is a fallacy to assume one partner can expect to be shore billeted.

Good luck in your aspiration.

4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Another stupid post, I have never known Ninja or Mario give anything other straight answers on career matters.

5. Thanks Ninja.

I've had alot of mixed advice regarding husbands and wives being at sea/shore side, good to know that we may both end up at sea at the same time.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, there's a lot of anecdotal tales which in some cases give rise to false expectations with regard child care arrangements, so it's important that re-joiners are aware from the outset.

In your case, it's obviously not a problem, but some people have rejoined with misguided advice sadly & things have gone wrong.

The rejoining thread is here if you hadn't already located it. Good luck Nix.