Any aircrew out there?

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by Badger_skills, Jun 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all,

I know that this is a long shot but I am looking to leave the warm loving embrace of submarines and transfer to aircrew (junglie). Does anyone have any contacts that they can put me in touch with up at 848 or any CHF aircrew? As a submariner I don't get a lot of face time with the FAA or anyone to be fair.

Cheers

Edd

2. can you afford the drop in pay?:clap:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pm The Afghan he was a Jungly Aircrewman!! Don't know if he still is !!!

4. 'Fraid all my contacts are way too far in the past now. Even the crewies school has moved I believe.

Next time ashore, contact Yeovil, home of the 'junglies' and try to make contact with the aircremen, most front line squadrons have some form of HQ element which remains behind or a training cell.

Good luck, don't be too surprised if they say you have to go ASW first, however I'm not current and things move on.

5. Pm me. I can't figure out how to send them from my phone

6. Thought that you had failed to make the grade to become a member of HMs RN

7. No. Unfortunately not.

8. but just a grubber ???? Not an old and bold Aircrewman :grin::angel8: like us ex GODS:clap:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'm traded greenie.

10. wow us pinkys. Are in awe !!!

11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Zoids, just pm'd you.

12. Pinky and Greeny are now just one trade, of which is Greeny ;)

Cheers tiddly. I shall have ganders.

13. So important you're obsolete.

14. :laughing3:make that x3 then !!! working on fixed wing aircraft on a strike carrier and an AS12 Aimer:grin:

• Like Like x 1
  15. redmonkey

redmonkey Badgeman Book Reviewer

No you are not. There is a big difference between greenie and this AV trade. We had to have some intelligence knocked out of us to go AV

Sent from my HTC Desire using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app

16. Cheers lads,

I'll try and get up to yeovil and have an all round look.

17. Email the CPO ACMn on 848 NAS, or perhaps better, get your DO to do it. I've had occasion to do so twice and always very helpful. Make sure you go and visit 824 NAS (Merlin) as well, as you'll have little choice in where you are streamed, as it depends on your aptitude result and the need of the Service.

Your DO will also need to contact the WO1 at NCHQ to confirm that manning clearance will be gained, which will be highly dependant upon your branch/sub-spec within the SM Community. It may be easier to PVR and then rejoin as a Direct Entry ACMn, but that's bloody high risk if it doesn't all go smoothly!!!!

• Like Like x 1