Any AETs out there...

when a nice smelling pilot emerges from the wardroom in his best whites and cummerbund, smelling of old spice and pinkers, and asks you when will she be "S"
Hey, it was Red Sea rig, not best whites. The Old Spice was splashed on just before going to the hangar, 'cos you'd been there in 140 degs for far too long :)

I always enjoyed the looks on the faces of the lads in my division (I always got Bombheads) when I turned up in the hangar to 'help'. You've never seen a SHAR's Aden guns bolted on so quickly. It must have been all the extra help they were getting and not just getting it done in record time so they could get rid of their favourite mate from the Wardroom 8O

I learnt about lock-wiring from that :)

scouse said:
Notice this thread, makes no mention :roll: of working late at night on your cab, in the lower hangar in 140 degrees, in your shorts and sweat rag bands, when a nice smelling pilot emerges from the wardroom in his best whites and cummerbund, smelling of old spice and pinkers, and asks you when will she be "S" :evil:
Showing your age, only have Fwd, Centre and Aft parts now!!! :D

Joint_Force_Harrier said:
scouse said:
Notice this thread, makes no mention :roll: of working late at night on your cab, in the lower hangar in 140 degrees, in your shorts and sweat rag bands, when a nice smelling pilot emerges from the wardroom in his best whites and cummerbund, smelling of old spice and pinkers, and asks you when will she be "S" :evil:
Showing your age, only have Fwd, Centre and Aft parts now!!! :D
Thats where the Mighty Buccs and SLIM lived on the Big E :wink: :wink:

tommo said:
No not a lot of AET in my role, but that would be because I'm not a WAFU.

Their average week consists of testing clicky bed, lying on clicky bed, putting clicky bed away, getting in rack. Although some of them may disagree with that though
You knows it!!! :D

Dont forget, collecting Hotel reward points, moaning about ships, off-airstation pay and crab baiting!!! :D
You forgot last on first off - Oh and Airfield Allowance!!!

Pontius said:
when a nice smelling pilot emerges from the wardroom in his best whites and cummerbund, smelling of old spice and pinkers, and asks you when will she be "S"
Hey, it was Red Sea rig, not best whites. The Old Spice was splashed on just before going to the hangar, 'cos you'd been there in 140 degs for far too long :)

I always enjoyed the looks on the faces of the lads in my division (I always got Bombheads) when I turned up in the hangar to 'help'. You've never seen a SHAR's Aden guns bolted on so quickly. It must have been all the extra help they were getting and not just getting it done in record time so they could get rid of their favourite mate from the Wardroom 8O

its wire locking - bloody back seat engineers get on my tits,

not that i do any now

(wirelocking not tits - dont get much of them either if i'm honest) -

just write shitty qa stuff.

they were the days

plan a - torque bolt to correct torque +5. do wire locking, realise its shite, back bolt off. bolt now at correct torque.

plan b - pen flex-op, leave bolt the f*ck alone.

shag_shacker said:
Pontius said:

not that i do any now

they were the days

plan a - torque bolt to correct torque +5. do wire locking, realise its shite, back bolt off. bolt now at correct torque.

Don't know who was gash-est, you or Dicky Houchin? :D

shag_shacker said:
Pontius said:

not that i do any now

they were the days

if you had compared me to special needs-owers i would get upset

but not lord houchin- he was special especially when the butterfly blew off - classic

shag_shacker said:
shag_shacker said:
Pontius said:

not that i do any now

they were the days

if you had compared me to special needs-owers i would get upset

but not lord houchin- he was special especially when the butterfly blew off - classic
Fair one know what you mean about special needs! :D

Wire locking tool - for sissies!

Anyone remember the 4F filter on the Wessie V, what a pig to wire lock. Port side of the starboard engine. I don't know anyone that wired that lot up and never had cuts from the ends.

And the Sup always wanted the ends bent over!!!!! Bar-stewards!! :twisted: