any advice ?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by matt93, Jun 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am currently waiting to enter raleigh feb 2015 and im so exited to start my full career in the royal navy. however i have been told that the job im going for is not all that great (WS). i was wondering say if i didn't enjoy the job to the point where i would be unhappy has there ever been a case where the navy have allowed some one to transfer to something they would be more suited to ? i have been told weapons engineer would be ideal for my self however my recruits test failed the mark of passing. i just dont want my career in the RN to be spent unhappy as its a dream i have had since i was a little boy.BTW i am not planning on changing i just want some reasurance
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. If you do not have high enough marks for engineering then it is not the end of the world.
    Enter as a WS and after finishing training instead of resting on your laurels use the annual education allowance to achieve a better standard of education.
    If you manage to achieve 5 GCSE passes at high enough grades then it just may be possible to apply for a commision.
    During your service career it is possible to obtain a degree from the open University by using your annual education allowance to fund most of it.
    God luck as a WS
  3. Thanks slim!i have to say WS is what i first picked so i guess theres a reason for that! Thanks a bunch for the info
  4. Matt93, you have to remember life and RN career is what YOU make it.

Sounds like you have listened to folk but in reality you have no personal experience to base your thought on. It is difficult I know to second guess a trade from outside but most of us on here started somewhere and there is a lot of positives in most trades. Like Slim says even opportunities to improve once in.
  5. Got some bad news for you Matt ... ;-P
    • Like Like x 2
  6. To expand on Ballistic's post

Your 4 months adrift
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I dont understand...
  8. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You said your entry date is Feb 2014.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.
  9. good lord haha sorry for the typo feel a right wally now
    • Like Like x 2