Any Accelerated Apprenticeship Scheme: Marine Engineers here?

Dear Navy Net,

I am applying for the above role, are there any people already doing it that are willing to answer questions about it.

E.g. Where does the training start e.g. HMS Raleigh for 10 Wks, then for the next section where?

What does an AAS Marine Engineer Do? E.g. Works on a ships life support systems like Air, Lighting, hull, ballasts etc.

What are some useful tips for the secondary Engineering Interview?

What happened when you were extracted for that interview?

What did you do the first week after training?

Thanks

Are you talking about this "navy undergraduate apprenticeship scheme" if so type UGAS into search only prob is search doesn't appear to be working very well

not every experience of
That's fantastic, has he considered writing a diary/vlog of his experiences. I can imagine that would be something that could do well on youtube.
life is for YouTube, he is joining the RN not a media company, I am sure he will get a lecturer on security & not living his life on face ache and the like.

Seadog

War Hero
Dear Navy Net,

I am applying for the above role, are there any people already doing it that are willing to answer questions about it.

E.g. Where does the training start e.g. HMS Raleigh for 10 Wks, then for the next section where?

What does an AAS Marine Engineer Do? E.g. Works on a ships life support systems like Air, Lighting, hull, ballasts etc.

What are some useful tips for the secondary Engineering Interview?

What happened when you were extracted for that interview?

What did you do the first week after training?

Thanks
Let me Google that for you.

If you're talking about UGAS you will do 10weeks at Raleigh pass out a leading hand, then work with the dismantlement group at HMS Nelson until the time that your SMQ dry starts then you come to sultan to do your LET course which is 18months.