Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti Snore Rings, do they work?

taffscrivs

War Hero
Comedian Jim Davidson claims that wearing an anti snore ring on his little finger has cured him of his excessively loud snoring. I would like to know if these devices work as I'm considering buying one as a Christmas present for the missus.

Booner123

War Hero
Have to admit I was slight disappointed after mistakenly reading the title as "anti snore rigs" I was expecting some elaborate torture esque device fitted to your other half's face, alas it was not to be. But to echo what AG said, I salute you to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Glue a piece of shattered windscreen glass (available at all good car crashes) to it and tell her it's a diamond ring, you might even get a shag then :cool:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I snore. According to WolfPackLeader, I sound like a chain-saw in first gear.
How can something worn on the finger cancel out the racket that comes from
the hole in your face?
Sometimes - I do it on purpose, to drown out the noise of her next-door when
she's getting a portion and howling like a rabid wolf, (stops her making comparisons).
To date, the only known cure for my snoring is a right good cludding in the side of
the head with the TV remote followed by a bimble downstairs to the living room sofa.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The Epworth Sleepiness Scale is often used tell if you have daytime fatigue, a symptom of sleep apnea.

Me sir, that's me sir.

Now I have a label I feel I can fit into modern society ;)

BigBarnicle

Midshipman
Hi all

I have a new neighbour in the flat above me. His snoring is terrible.
I bought him and anti snoring ring from Holland and Barratt (£10).
Now although this has not resolved the problem completely his snoring has reduced a lot. So much so that I hardly hear him. The noise level has been reduced massively.

I would recommend the anti snoring ring as a great investment as it has helped with the issue of my snoring neighbour.

I will also be buying one for me to take down to HMS Raleigh in January so that I don't wake the whole base up!

Hope this helps

⚓️⚓️⚓️

Sumo

War Hero
The Epworth Sleepiness Scale is often used tell if you have daytime fatigue, a symptom of sleep apnea.

Me sir, that's me sir.

Now I have a label I feel I can fit into modern society ;)

Daytime fatigue due to poor sleep, not insomnia staying awake all night on RR looking at billy’s thread of nice ladies.:D

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
To date, the only known cure for my snoring is a right good cludding in the side of the head with the TV remote followed by a bimble downstairs to the living room sofa.

Isn't that supposed to be the other way around . . . ?

Hi all

I have a new neighbour in the flat above me. His snoring is terrible.
I bought him and anti snoring ring from Holland and Barratt (£10).
Now although this has not resolved the problem completely his snoring has reduced a lot. So much so that I hardly hear him. The noise level has been reduced massively.

I would recommend the anti snoring ring as a great investment as it has helped with the issue of my snoring neighbour.

I will also be buying one for me to take down to HMS Raleigh in January so that I don't wake the whole base up!

Hope this helps

The bloke in the flat below is a right moaner. I was having a little snooze and he dripped about my snoring, he even bought me a ring!

Little does he know I'm on permanent nights now, so I put on a recording of my snoring and I flogged the ring on ebay, sucker

BigBarnicle

Midshipman
Lol. If your that hard up you need to sell a £10 ring on eBay, come knock on my door and I'll give you a food hamper.
Beans, rice, corn beef, cereal, soup, milk, and some spam..no problem

Ballistic

War Hero
The bloke in the flat below is a right moaner. I was having a little snooze and he dripped about my snoring, he even bought me a ring!

Little does he know I'm on permanent nights now, so I put on a recording of my snoring and I flogged the ring on ebay, sucker

There's a word for blokes who sell their ring...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has reappointed Nicholas Griffin and Claire-Marie Roberts as Board Members of UK Anti-Doping. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Anti-bullying helpline now live MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New anti-bullying helpline to clamp down on poor behaviour in the military MoD News 0
J Can I join the Navy if I was previously on Anti-Depressants? Joining the Royal Navy 51
MoD_RSS UK-backed Anti-Human Trafficking Child Protection Unit opened at the Kenyan Coast MoD News 0
S Would like to join but on anti depressants. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS International Anti-Corruption Day: working with Guatemala to improve public infrastructure MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK National Statement at the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention: 4th Review Conference MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government recommits support to victims on Anti-Slavery Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Anti-corruption newsletter: summer 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Suppliers of antidepressants accused of illegal anti-competitive conduct MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New anti-knife crime school lessons ahead of summer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Drug firms accused of illegal market sharing over anti-nausea tablets MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Strengthening anti-corruption in the Western Balkans through improving asset seizure measures MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New prison anti-corruption taskforce unveiled MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Minister Field visits Paris to discuss anti-corruption and disinformation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: New Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK Anti-Doping Reappointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: British Ambassador to DRC delivers speech to mark International Anti-Corruption Day MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: Supporting anti-corruption efforts in Montenegro MoD News 0
C Anti narcotics Current Affairs 26
MoD_RSS News story: LLWR Leadership Team shows support for anti-bullying campaign MoD News 0
Ballistic "Anti-gravity" helicopter. The Internet - Best and Worst 6
Stirlin Saudis announce Islamic anti-terrorism coalition. Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS News story: Royal Navy warship offered to Mediterranean anti-smuggling mission MoD News 0
B Anti-Depressants RFA 7
Rover SAS snubbed as defence chiefs appoint Navy man as Britain's anti-terror chief The Corps 14
P North Korea's anti-ship cruise missile: who's worried? Current Affairs 2
DemobJob Anti-Social Behaviour Officer - Oxfordshire - £25,016 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
soleil Falmouth Packet: "Major Anti-Submarine Exercises Off Cornwall Biggest Since Cold War" The Fleet 11
soleil "New Anti Piracy 'Guardian' Barrier Beats Royal Marines" The Corps 5
S NATO to Scotland: membership hopes go against anti-nukes policy Current Affairs 2
trelawney126 Anti tank projectile Robin Hood Airport ex RN diver examines MoD News 17
MoD_RSS News story: Anti-piracy centre open for business MoD News 1
soleil Scotsman: "Anti-Pirate Wildcat Helicopter Unveiled By Royal Navy" The Fleet Air Arm 8
Bunter Anti Trick or Treat Equipment Diamond Lil's 15
TeddyT That Sinking Feeling: Iran’s Anti-Ship Missile Array Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS Royal Navy duo in multinational anti-sub exercise Current Affairs 4
J What anti-torpedo measures to ships carry? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
soleil Independent: "Navy Tests Anti-Terror Capability" The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS Navy Merlins take part in anti-submarine exercise Current Affairs 24
soleil BBC: " Inside Navy's Anti-Piracy Control Room" Bases / Shore Est 1
Ballistic Anti-virus software Bloody Computers 2
MoD_RSS Navy Reservist awarded MBE for anti-piracy work Current Affairs 14
finknottle How would you deal with the anti-capitalist protesters at St Pauls Cathedral? Current Affairs 73
MoD_RSS HMS Monmouth home from anti-piracy operations Current Affairs 0
soleil Royal Marines Museum - New Anti-Piracy Operations Display - Video The Corps 0
MoD_RSS Admiral thanks Cornwall for anti-piracy efforts Current Affairs 0
trelawney126 RN Anti Pirate Patrol & Daily Mail Article Current Affairs 15
finknottle TUC Anti Cuts March in London and the unrelated scum Current Affairs 30