Anti narcotics

Seadog

War Hero
Recently, APT(N) has been an RFA with an RN Flight, some RM for 'precision shooting' and a USCG detachment doing the dull boarding and searching.

Like the man above says, Counter Narcotics is a whole ship commitment .

Taztiff

War Hero
USCG detachment doing the dull boarding and searching
We used to have (back when I was in!) a USCG detachment on board when we did drugs patrols in the Windies so that we moved from a military role to a police role when going for an intercept.
This included dropping the white ensign and flying the USCG flag therefore nominally becoming a USCG asset.

Sumo

War Hero
We used to have (back when I was in!) a USCG detachment on board when we did drugs patrols in the Windies so that we moved from a military role to a police role when going for an intercept.
This included dropping the white ensign and flying the USCG flag therefore nominally becoming a USCG asset.
Looks like blame avoidance, fly a septic flag, so it's their fault when it all goes pare shaped?

Sumo

War Hero
Narcotics!!!!
Bugga! Thought I’d logged onto a Yank navy forum!!!
Whats happed to plain simple ‘drugs’?
Obviously too many Septic crime fighting/police programmes.
he will talking Dollars and Cents instead of Pounds, Shillings& Pence, what's the world coming to?

Seadog

War Hero
Looks like blame avoidance, fly a septic flag, so it's their fault when it all goes pare shaped?

I’ve seen the ensigns of the RIBS changed to reflect who is ‘coming at ya’, NEVER the Ensign of the Warship or Auxiliary hosting.