Anti-Depressants

Discussion in 'RFA' started by BillW, Jan 11, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

I am currently awaiting an interview for a position as a 3/O. Whilst reviewing the paper work required to be brought to said interview I note that the health declaration has the "yes/no" check-list of various ailments/conditions that I have encountered on applications to the military, with "depression" being one of them.

My question is, does the RFA have the same 12 week maximum rule for taking anti-depressants as the armed forces? If so, I may as well not even bother going to the interview. I took these pills for longer than the maximum allowable period (almost 10 years ago now) hence why I was rejected on medical grounds for military service and hence why I ended up in commercial shipping.

I can't find any specific guidance on this. I thought an unrestricted, up to date ENG1 was sufficient.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  2. Give occupational health a ring and have a chat with them tel:02392 725243

They'll be able to answer your questions.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Many thanks for this. I tried the number but got a dialling error message. Is it too many numbers?

4. Try this number for occupational health 023 9262 8640

5. That looks a bit like a Pompey dockyard number... try it without the 20 in the middle

6. Thanks for all your replies.

For anyone in a similar situation occupational health informed me that this shouldn't be a problem and they don't employ the maximum 12 week rule like the armed forces.

7. Good news mate, I'm glad its not standing in your way.

8. Best of luck with your application, let us know how you get on!