Another Yank says hello

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by grussem, Apr 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone,

I was in the U.S. Marine Corps for 8 years. I grew up in Philadelphia (The birthplace of the U.S. Marines, specifically, Tun Tavern, yes, a Philly bar is the official birthplace of my Corps, which gives me the inherent right to drink whenever I please :D ) and I am a police officer now in California. I've always wanted to learn more about my brother Marines from across the pond but just recently found this site. Anyhow, I look forward to some thoughtful, intellectual, stimulating, thought provoking conversations. :twisted:
  2. My dear boy! Are you quite well?

Thoughtful, intellectual, stimulating, thought provoking conversations? From the bootie posse on here?

They are more concerned with where to get their next pair of ladies knickers to wear on their heads?

Anyway you are very welcome!
  3. Rosy said it all, but welcome and enjoy
  4. Good morning and Welcome to our website. Just lay back and enjoy!!!
  5. Welcome to the madhouse, join in and enjoy
  6. Welcome and join in the banter
  7. So are you ''John or Ponch''? Welcome mate. I served alongside 15 MEU a few years ago .A good bunch. You will get a bit of banter in this place ,but I am sure you will enjoy it .
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Mornin' Elmer
  9. Blast, you got in there before me. Morning Leatherneck and welcome to the site.

Welcome Grussem!
  11. I liken myself more to Jon LOL. The actor that played Jon (Larry Wilcox) was a U.S. Marine as well and fought in Vietnam. I served with the 13th MEU, air combat element during Operation Anaconda. Do you bootnecks have something similar to a Marine Expeditionary Unit?

Oh yeah, and what's wrong with wearing ladies nickers on your head? :D
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

3 Cdo Brigade???
  13. I prefer to wear lady's undertrappings on my head with the the mars bar at the front, so when straining weak as piss yank beer through them I can add a bit of flavour. :D
  14. LOL :lol:
  15. Welcome aboard Brother. You'll find it a bit different here, a lot of bragging about nothing, some Yank-bashing with just a hint of prejudice to season the mix.

16. Oh, so true Jarhead my boy!!! :lol: :lol: You boys walk right into it.....
    Welcome grussem, see you are from the better part of the good old US of A...not like in the desert!!..(under a rock??) :D :D
  17. But if you didn't enjoy it me hearty you wouldn't come back. :)

By the way grussem, welcome to our little family of piss takers.

Oh yeah. Watch out for the odd troll and walt.
  18. no unfortunately, not under a rock; under a rock you'd have shade... i'm out in the desert and my brain has withered away to nothing...
  19. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...told ya!!
  20. i wouldn't normally volunteer that info, but its the truth. Its not so bad during the winter (in fact its perfect), but during the summer i go outside only when necessary.