Another Waste of Money

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Jun 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Cornish language's funding boost

The last Cornish person to speak the Cornish language lived at Mousehole and died in the middle of the 1700's. When will the Morons realise that the language is as dead as a dodo,and the £400,000 would be better spent on a few warheads or similar necessary bits of kit.
  2. Not quite true now mate as I heard a buzz that a certain wafoo is going to Helston to resurrect the language in his spare time.
    He intends to shout in Cornish as the climax of his advanced Morris dancing exhibitions.:laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2::laughing2:
  3. A mere half million to help keep a culture alive is money well spent.

A premiershit footballer 'earns' that in about a fortnight.
  4. Could you send me a couple of dollar I'm fighting a battle up here to keep the staffordshire advanced perversion and rape club going.
    It dates back to 1959, or was that 20 hundred.
    We are thinking of doing disgusting things with clacker if we can obtain funding.:laughing2:
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Why do they need to ask their sister for a blowjob in cornish?
  6. Small potatoes. Drop in the ocean and for a good cause. There are many cornish language speakers in Cornwall and the language is alive and more n more are speaking every year.

Cornish language, alphabet and pronunciation
  7. Don't see why it should cost almost half a million to maintain the ability to talk shite....:slow:...I do it for free....:-D
  8. Debated in the RBL Fowey last night, not one of the born and bred Kernow bretheren could or wished to speak it. Most however agreed that the money should be spent keeping open the counties last surviving Treacle Mine at Polruan.
  9. They want to mimic the welsh and talk about the "Emmit's" in a tounge they wont understand.
    In that sense they needn't have bothered as no one cares what their saying anyhow. So long as they bow when we hand them our tourist dollar, and maybe mutter "thank'e kindly my ansom". That'll do me.
  10. Well at least it wasn't used to translate bacon cooking instructions into Arabic.
  11. Why is it a secret we keep from them?
  12. You have a PM mate.
  13. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bacon, real bacon with like meat on it. Only 5 months to go.......................drool
  14. Right just found it shippers, I will respond just now but at the mo the friggin interweb is going up and down like wrens knickers.
  15. Wrens I knew never wore knickers. :laughing2:
  16. My boss on the ++++++++++++++ was hooked up with a Po wrn who loved to flash her sussies!
  17. Remember the redoubtable CPOWRN who used to run the slops in HMS VERNON. A formidable woman who would shut up shop immediately the clock struck 1200. The Chief Sailmaker had been queuing behind me for his monthly issue of tickler. Presenting my three blue stamps, I got my issue of blue liners, thanked her profusely, as was the custom.
    The CPO WRN then slammed the door shut in his face. Not amused he stormed off with a right monk on.
    When she came back there was a huge pair of canvas knickers nailed to the front of the slops room door, complete to the baggy waistline and skidders. Her face on returning was a bloody picture...and the Sailmaker.....what satisfaction in his work :-D
  18. :sleepy2::sleepy2::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy1::sleepy1::brushteeth: