Another Veteran Is Let Down And Ignored

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by ukdaytona, May 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A cancer-stricken RAF hero who suffers from TEN debilitating ailments has been denied NHS nursing care and told to pay the £600-a-week bill himself - because he isn't sick enough.

World War Two navigator Eric Friar, 90, can barely walk, is almost blind, has bowel cancer, dementia, shingles and non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

He has also caught MRSA, been diagnosed with bladder and colon cancer and is currently recovering in hospital from a bout of pneumonia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=458507&in_page_id=1770

FFS WHAT IS WRONG IN THIS FCUKING COUNTRY - WILL THE GOVERNMENT GET OFF THEIR OVER FED UNDER WORKED ARSES AND WAKE UP SEE THE SHITE STATE THEY HAVE TAKEN THIS COUNTRY TOO BEFORE CIVIL UNREST BECOMES FAR MORE COMMON PLACE.

2. Moderate disabilities!!!!What the **** do you have to have to be classed as severe???This is absoloutly disgusting!I hope the govt feel really happy the next time they give thousands of millions to yet another "desrving" cause such as The Olympic Games!!!

3. Absolute bloody bollocks!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :threaten: :threaten:

4. hell at least your country looks after all its people - in the US, he'd have to pony up the cash or die unattended.

Pure Capitalism only looks good from the outside, not when you look at the nitty gritty.

5. Yet another man who answered his countries call to arms, and fought for freedom only to be denied help in his hour of need.

6. There is one consolation, this poor man is not as sick as this Government, It`s a pity that civil unrest does not belong to the law abiding, any young folk out there reading of this shameful act, a word of advice, leave while you can.

7. He could move to Scotland, which I believe has implemented free care of the elderly.

Also, make sure you don't have 30k plus in the bank, go out and furkin blow the lot. As Mrs war hero is alive, the house should be safe.

After seeing it 'from the other side of the hill', so to speak, I'm afraid this is what you get from advances in medicine and nursing care. 20 / 30 years ago he would have been sent home to die, looked after by a GP / district nurse and family.

Where I did my nursing training, there was only one NHS long term care of the elderly place (VERY well run) with about 120 beds, there simply wasn't the cash. The civvie run places are shutting down because there is not enough profit, despite the huge charges (they would stay open if it was profitable).

Sadly, there are tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of cases like this. A+E waiting lists, MRSA and large aircraft carriers make bigger headlines, bigger demands on cash and are better vote winners than care of the elderly.

And for the record, of course he should get the treatment he deserves, and other less deserving cases should be furked off, but it is NEVER going to happen.

8. Poxy government ******* with their BUPA schemes.
    How dare they, how ******* dare they.

9. In Scotland care is free as long as the estate doesn't have more than 30k, otherwise you pay for it yourself (and it isn't cheap, I think it was about 600 a week for my gran). Damn poor way to treat a person though, but sadly a problem we are going to increasingly face as the population ages.

10. and those that get plastic surgery for free when they have no valid reason for it.

Nothing will change never does, and when its brought up they resolve the single case not the sever others that are out there.

11. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I could weep, I should make someone weep. this is disgusting

12. And John Prescott has just been moved from a general ward to a high dependency unit with pneumonia because he's too fat to get off his arse, lose some weight and control his Type 2 diabetes.

Mr Friar, you can personally have me to look after you mate!