Another Submariner

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Noz(M), Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Outside now but was on O Boats in Gosport - mainly the Otter - just before they scrapped them all. Spent the next few years avoiding Faslane and Nuc boats and eventually went into another career.
    Even went back as a reservist full time for 3 years to total 10 years service.

Would be interested to hear from others near Wiltshire for a few wets, pull up a crate and swing the lamp etc.
  2. I left Otter sept 89 for killicks course,in sunny yorkshire now
  3. I'm still looking for ex "Splendid" crew 1984 vintage, none when you need them. 8O
  4. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Welcome to the site Noz.

5. I think I joined just before you left, there were 2 Barnies, the other one was on later than 89 and was too old n bold to be a killick.

Do you know of any reunions going on?
  6. They've gone covert Rummers. They obviously all remember you :wink:
  7. the other barney was a UC IIRC,there is the diesel boat re-union every August in guzz,will try and get you some details
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

A cracking affair it is as well, there are some pics of old faces from last years do on the Dorset Site (click my sig and go to galleries) I'm still trying to name some if anyone can help
  9. I've never met a one of them, but I would surely love too.