Another question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by smitto, Nov 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a degree and 180 ucas points, though age and type of degree limit my officer choice to Logistics Officer. This doesn't particularly interest me. However, most people I have spoken to have suggested that anyone with the means would try to enter as an officer over a rating, and that I might also be forever wondering "what if?". Also, I might spend the next year waiting for an interview and for entry to BRNC.

What's the Logistics Officer job like? Does it have any pros or cons?

2. Moderator Mode

Moved from Submariners to Newbies

3. Less sea time in the long run. which makes it easier to settle in one area if thats your bag. Also decent promotion prospects. The job is very varied and in theory you could go for several years without repeating the same type of role.

It can be Barrister, Catering Services, Supply Chain, Personnel / HR, Administrative, Project Management, Budgetary / Financial, Policy making, at sea, on land, overseas in less friendly territory, working with purely RN, army, RAF (all of the above), NATO, UN, and a hell of a lot of other stuff.

Don't discount Logistics; notwithstanding any oi$$ taking which is surely inbound after this response it is much more than simply accounting for stuff. Talk to your careers advisors.

4. I thought the type of degree is only restricted to engineering and medical disciplines. Leaving warfare and pilot (and RM) and probably others if you read the documents on the RN website.
  5. Logs nice choice. Daddy what did you do in the war? told people to eat faster at action stations !!! ow and issued ice-cream if you they where really good.