another question nothing major

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by micropotts, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon,

i passed my pjft today and just had a couple of questions, firstly how long do you think it will take for my afco to contact me with a entry date? how long do you think the wait will be to enter as an aet?
    Also i know that my second referee which is my current employer has not been contacted yet is this normal? will this slow down my application?

Many thaks
  2. If you ring your careers advisor tomorrow and tell them that you have passed your PJFT they might then be able to bid for you. Do you know if your security check is back yet?

The waiting time for AET is approx 3 months from sitting the RT. You could also mention to your careers advisor about the reference problem. They may need to send it out again. But that won't really stop you being bid for.

But the best person to give you a definite answer will be your own careers advisor.

Hope this helps

3. I'm in the exact same position atm and from what I've heard the letter can appear anywhere from a week later+.

Call the AFCO if you want to be absolutely sure though.
  4. I got my letter a wek later, contact your AFCO
  5. What's the bidding you've mentioned about SM? How does that come into play with the recruitment process?
  6. Andrew, your careers adviser has to fight to the death with someone else's careers adviser. If they win, you get into Raleigh.
  7. Thats OK then as I've got a bad ass WO1 RM bidding for me!
  8. Brilliant, the advisor I've been dealing with is a Marine and a big lad too so I should be ok. :D
  9. You should definately be contacted very soon.
    I was contacted the next day and told a date. What does the letter you receive tell you exactly? I have not received a letter, just a S.C. form afterwards, all my refernces where done so assume thats all waiting for now.
  10. How long have you been waiting for since you got that phonecall???

11. its been about a month i think since i sent away my S.C form, i had my interview 27th April and was called the next day offering me a place September 13th. Photos, references all done, think im just waiting for a final form...