Another old photo

Hello again
I have another photo from my old man's collection. He seems to think it was taken in cape town in the late 40's or early 50's. I have googled the plumbers merchant to the left of the centre building in the photo and there was/is a plumber of that name in wellington NZ. Can any one identify the town and possibly the occasion. A tall order I know but if you can help please do.
The photo can be found at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparkyy/422908709/

It might be worth contacting one of the NZ Newspapers with your pic.It seems its a Ceremonial March for a Freedom of the town thingy.They might be able to supply more info re what ships companies attended etc.

andym
Thanks I never even thought of contacting a newspaper, I'll pick a likely candidate in nz and e mail them.

dondon
Glad you liked it, I have lots more, I think I'll start putting them in the gallery, but there are still more that I need help with.

polariod

Lantern Swinger
neepheed said:
andym
Thanks I never even thought of contacting a newspaper, I'll pick a likely candidate in nz and e mail them.

dondon
Glad you liked it, I have lots more, I think I'll start putting them in the gallery, but there are still more that I need help with.
Post em up Neeps and we'll have a go for you.

Pol