Another night of terror

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
There is going to be some major shock and horror when details of the victims start to get announced. Ariana Grande is immensely popular amongst pre-teen/teenage girls.

Sumo

War Hero
There is going to be some major shock and horror when details of the victims start to get announced. Ariana Grande is immensely popular amongst pre-teen/teenage girls.
Already started to say children amongst.
Stated a partial saving grace was the concert over ran, so the potential crowds in the area of explosion was less than could have been.

Shocking, I was driving into work this morning listening to Radio 5 and there was a lady still looking for her 15 year old daughter, closest I've come to blubbing in the car :(

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Absolutely disgusting. There MUST have been a significant number of Muslims killed or injured too, so what do the attackers hope to achieve.

I think that ANYONE that aligns or supports or is in any way involved with Daesh (used deliberately, as they don't like it) should be rounded up. I further know what I'd LIKE to do with them, but then I might be called a DM reader.

How many people, young and old, have now been mentally scarred for life by this senseless attack?

I do hope we don't face days of seeing roadside shrines etc in the papers and on TV, but suspect we will.

Sumo

War Hero
Heard on the radio, something along the lines of.

Take time to reflect, show sorrow and respect, remember to go and have fun to show the Bast.ards they have not won, and never will.

Not an easy thought to swallow but I get it?

Big up to the kind and open hearted response to the Manchester people, the Dunkirk spirit lives on.

Not sure, but is the first suicide bomber on the UK mainland?

It appears from FB post that there are approx 60 unaccompanied kids being looked after in the nearby Holiday Inn phone No is 0161 8369600 if anybody has family that are worried/concerned.

Wightsparker

War Hero
Utterly appalling. My thoughts are with those injured, and with the families of all the casualties. We should not forget the effect on those who were physically unhurt, either.
As Sumo commented re "the Dunkirk spirit", the reactions of those who swiftly moved to assist is hugely creditable.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Utterly appalling. My thoughts are with those injured, and with the families of all the casualties. We should not forget the effect on those who were physically unhurt, either.
As Sumo commented re "the Dunkirk spirit", the reactions of those who swiftly moved to assist is hugely creditable.
I was impressed with the Liverpool taxi drivers who turned up, unasked, to see if anyone needed a lift home.

I was in my car and am still close to it, no shame to share sorrow
I cannot even start to imagine what the parents, friends and relatives of the victims must be going through right now - puts my silly worrying about my son's recruitment process into perspective

Badgeman
Accidental. My apologies. Emojis on a small cheap mobile do not make it easy to swipe through and read posts without causing offence.

fishhead

War Hero
The worst part about this current outrage is that somewhere in this country there are people who agree with the bomber's actions and hope one day to emulate them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS PM: ‘Climate action cannot be another victim of coronavirus’ MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Gas goes green as UK takes another step toward net zero MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Government matches another £5 million of donations for coronavirus appeal after huge public response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Every pupil in England to see another rise in funding in 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sentence increased for Northampton man who killed another man in pub attack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another leap forward in returning salmon to Yorkshire Dales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manchester woman who glassed another woman has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another 900 British travellers in New Zealand set to return to the UK MoD News 0
J Transferring from one role to another The Fleet Air Arm 5
K Another 17 year old wanting to join the Navy Joining the Royal Navy 20
MoD_RSS A connected UK: government extends Dundee to London flight route for another year MoD News 0
R Do you have to do another Pass or Fail interview at the PRNC? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Another success for the government’s voter ID pilots: 22 July 2019 MoD News 0
Waspie Another underwater tragedy! Submariners 1
J Yet another Commonwealth Applicant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
TuckerKlein Not another RMR post... RMR 2
vauxhall Another Success for Commission Officer Supplements Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Another unclaimed pension is paid Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Another happy 70 year old Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Another happy veteran Finance & Pensions 3
vauxhall Another veteran reunited with his pension Finance & Pensions 0
WannabeAdmiral Yet another AIB experience Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
Capn_Pugwash Another one! Current Affairs 5
vauxhall Another pensions success Finance & Pensions 1
D The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine The Gash Barge 55
S Yet another age 55 question Finance & Pensions 5
vauxhall Another payout for an LE officer whose pension was upderpaid Finance & Pensions 0
OsmiumOxide Another attack, another day. Current Affairs 0
NateDogg Able to transfer/ move to another common wealth force? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
woody28 Psychometric- yet another thread Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Another boring question but I'm confused.. Joining the Royal Navy 3
Wightsparker Another bomb dredged from Portsmouth Harbour Current Affairs 3
BoatyMcBoatFace ET-(WE) (Yes, another question I the Joining the Royal Navy 2
Captain Birdseye Changing to another AFCO? UPO/Careers Office 11
Wightsparker And another Portsmouth bomb...... Current Affairs 3
Wightsparker Another Portsmouth UXB Current Affairs 12
L Another set of questions on Selection Interview. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
U One Wall After Another Joining the Royal Navy 14
S Just another stupid question about drug convictions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Just Another Medical History Question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Another boring historical uniform question? History 18
H Is there another eye test at the medical? Health & Fitness 2
B Another Re-join!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Sumo Just another day at the office or should have been? Miscellaneous 4
B Another joining time Q Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
northern-matelot HMS Queen Betty, another "milestone" Current Affairs 75
Zakialwe Another AIB Diary... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
G Another Tattoo Question (Sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
J Another eyesight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
GreedoTheFerret Yet another clearance diver thread... Sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7