Another new recruit medical question ;)

Hello everyone!

I have applied to be a Naval airmen (survival equipment) and I am just filling out my medical details. From reading the forum I understand if you were issued with an inhaler wether you needed it or not it is an automatic bar for four years. I'm ok with that as I was issued one three and half years ago (an extra six month wait will not matter for such an amazing career), not because of asthma, but as a precaution because I had a tight chest. It turned out to be acid reflux issues from heavy nights out five times a week at university. I was prescribed ranitidine, took the pack and never went back till about six months ago whereby I got another pack of ranitidine. I have had a blood test which states I do not have any ulcers. Will my visits for acid reflux also be another four year bar? A lot of my mates say once you get into the forces you will mostly develop gastro problems anyway.

Also if your medical is pending further investigation, for example a peak flow chart, or gp status are you then taken off the waiting list for RT?

I have tried asking my local career office, but they are not often in unless doing RTs, then they are a bit to busy and state they are not doctors.

Thank you for any help, to yet again another New recuritment medical question! :)

Hello everyone!

I have applied to be a Naval airmen (survival equipment) and I am just filling out my medical details. From reading the forum I understand if you were issued with an inhaler wether you needed it or not it is an automatic bar for four years. I'm ok with that as I was issued one three and half years ago (an extra six month wait will not matter for such an amazing career), not because of asthma, but as a precaution because I had a tight chest. It turned out to be acid reflux issues from heavy nights out five times a week at university. I was prescribed ranitidine, took the pack and never went back till about six months ago whereby I got another pack of ranitidine. I have had a blood test which states I do not have any ulcers. Will my visits for acid reflux also be another four year bar? A lot of my mates say once you get into the forces you will mostly develop gastro problems anyway.

Also if your medical is pending further investigation, for example a peak flow chart, or gp status are you then taken off the waiting list for RT?

I have tried asking my local career office, but they are not often in unless doing RTs, then they are a bit to busy and state they are not doctors.

Thank you for any help, to yet again another New recuritment medical question! :)
Nice, easy one to start the day AD.

Last time I went and was asked what the bottom line was, evidently the answer "you'll say my eyes are knackered and charge a fortune for some glasses" wasn't the answer he was looking for :glasses9: