Another new recruit medical question ;)

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by JasonPotato, Dec 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone!

I have applied to be a Naval airmen (survival equipment) and I am just filling out my medical details. From reading the forum I understand if you were issued with an inhaler wether you needed it or not it is an automatic bar for four years. I'm ok with that as I was issued one three and half years ago (an extra six month wait will not matter for such an amazing career), not because of asthma, but as a precaution because I had a tight chest. It turned out to be acid reflux issues from heavy nights out five times a week at university. I was prescribed ranitidine, took the pack and never went back till about six months ago whereby I got another pack of ranitidine. I have had a blood test which states I do not have any ulcers. Will my visits for acid reflux also be another four year bar? A lot of my mates say once you get into the forces you will mostly develop gastro problems anyway.

Also if your medical is pending further investigation, for example a peak flow chart, or gp status are you then taken off the waiting list for RT?

I have tried asking my local career office, but they are not often in unless doing RTs, then they are a bit to busy and state they are not doctors.

Thank you for any help, to yet again another New recuritment medical question! :)
  2. Nice, easy one to start the day AD.
  3. Lol, tell me about it!
  4. Lol, don't
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hang out with a lot of gastroenterologists, do you..? :shock:
  6. Haha only on the weekends ;)
  7. I think you'll be fine.
  8. sgtpepperband

• Like Like x 4
  9. Sweet! The answer I was looking for especially as my eye examination went perfectly today!
  10. sgtpepperband

Mine too. The optician asked me to read the bottom line of the chart.

"Made in China" I replied.

• Like Like x 1

11. I always memorised the eye chart anyway. Stupid medics won't get one over on me!
  12. '

That bottom line?

I told the optometrist it was that new student from Warsaw who's just moved in two doors down.
  13. Last time I went and was asked what the bottom line was, evidently the answer "you'll say my eyes are knackered and charge a fortune for some glasses" wasn't the answer he was looking for :glasses9:
  14. Lol wow this thread got majorly sidetracked!
  15. JP,

AD gave you the Staff Answer at #7.

It then becomes free gangway for anything posted after that - RR site rules, OK? :wink:
    • Like Like x 1