Another new forum - and German Board Games

Discussion in 'Hobbies & The Great Indoors' started by Good_CO, Oct 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the general move to add a bit to RR beyond service chat, I thought we'd try this forum. I wonder if I'll be the only one to post, like the new financial forum! Anyway, I start the ball rolloing with German board games.

This is something that I was introduced to by some civi friends abut 6 months ago. I was cynical as all I'd ever played was monopoly with my folks as a kid, and of course the legendary Twister, but there wasn't so much strategy in that one if I remember rightly. Anyway, the introduction to the new generation of board games was a bloody good evening, and while it's not something I do all the time I've turned into quite a fan. The krauts love these things and make some cracking games.

One of the best, and I think most Germans must have on of these at home is "The Settlers of Catan". Thoroughly recommended highly competitive stuff that lasts up to an hour and a half, not a day and a half of boredom like monopoly. (Or a minute and a half of naked embarrassment like Twister!)

So, want something different for the family Christmas?, or a drunken evening with friends believe it or not, I thoroughly recommend this (you can get it in english or download the instructions in english:

(I'll be off now. By the way, did I tell you about my stamps?)