Another medical question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jam14, Jun 17, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi there,
    I'm hoping someone could shed some light on my situation at the minute.

I've been deemed TMU at my medical on the 1st of April this year and have had to book appointments with my GP, which have been an ECG and a visit to the cardiology clinic at a local hospital due to having a heart murmur as a baby (which i had only just found out :shock:).

Any way they have come back fine and I have seemed to cleared both tests as of today. My question is what will happen next once my GP gets the results and forwards them to the AFCO ? Will I have to endure another full medical exam or will the results just be processed and I can go onto my fitness test, roughly what time frame am I looking at ? Thanks in advance.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Your GP will hopefully forward the results to the contracted medical company, Capita, rather than your AFCO.

Upon receipt, the test results will be screened by a qualified health professional who will determine whether they meet the standard for entry - this usually takes a couple of weeks. The results willthen be forwarded to the medical examiner who conducted your initial medical and your AFCO notified to book the next available follow-up medical (in my area, this can be about 4 to 6 weeks away).

When you attend the follow-up medical the medical examiner will announce the results and complete any elements of the medical examination not already completed. Unless you've ate lots of pies or your overall medical status has changed since the last medical, nothing else will be repeated, usually. That said, it's extremely unwise to have indulged in recreational drugs since the initial medical.

Best o'luck.
  3. Thanks that clears things up. So im i right in thinking the follow up medical will just go though the results giving by capita/my GP and the likes of weight and height be the only thing conducted ? just curious that's all. What about the likes of the hearing test, squatting, blood pressure and urine samples ect. ? do they normally repeat these procedures. many thanks.
  4. Looks like am in for a longer wait then i first thought lol.
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Which bit are you having trouble with?

Would a larger font help?
  6. Yes please iv lost my spectacles, nah jokes aside i understand. thank you for clearing that up.
    • Like Like x 1