Another Elf and Safety Killjoy!!!

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by Joint_Force_Harrier, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Most of them only have one eye in St Ives - goes with the webbed feet, so can't see why they need to ban a tradition. :thumright:

Its daft, why can't they leave this traditions alone?

2. Is there anything left that elf&safety killjoy's havent stoped?

3. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

One thing they still insist on is two p's in stopped :thumright:

4. St Ives Cambs not Cornwall!!

Oliver Cromwell country. :threaten:

5. I still can't understand why the authorities haven't put 10 ft high railings or walls along every bit off road to stop people getting run over and along every cliff path, seawall, dockside, canal and river bank to stop people falling in and around every hill, mountain, building, tree, telegraph pole and street lamp to stop people climbing them and falling off. It's only a matter of time, I suppose.

6. Hi Six!!!!!!!

7. ....in my old village the scrooge down the street heated the coppers on a shovel before he lobbed them out the window to us.

8. Luxury,we used to dream of having red hot coppers :thumright:

9. That will teach me to read the linky thing..oops!

10. To p or not to p eh? :thumright:

11. So then they haven't actually banned the coin tossing event, merely suggested that the coins are rolled instead of thrown. What's the problem?

Looking at the other side of the coin (excuse the pun) there's always the chance that some little oiks Mum will sue if a coin hits their little un on the noggin. Ever heard of "you'll have someone's eye out with that"?

Besides is this really what we want to be teaching our kids? Aren't we having enough problems with coin tossing at footie matches?

SF

12. SF wrote: Besides is this really what we want to be teaching our kids? Aren't we having enough problems with coin tossing at footie matches?

You mean the REF?