Another coalition Rip off.. on pensions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by scouse, Jul 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'ang on!
    A while back it was the labour party that was all to blame, and the world would be rosier whent the Cons came to power.
    Now they have, with a little help from a few turncoats, you are still not happy.
    Miserable moaning scouser, surely you're not one of those :lol:

2. :sex: Once a red always a red :wink: :wink:

3. I wouldn't get toooo red:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-leader-complains-about-1-state-pension.html

4. Trustees and fund managers will have more flexibility on final salary schemes, thus enabling them to keep them open (rather than closing them to newcomers) I'd have thought that was a positive move, rather than a rip off.

5. :roll: RPI Index has been greater than the RPIX index for 22 out of the last 30years..... :cry: You do the Math :wink: :wink:

6. My point was that a slightly inferior pension is better than no pension at all.
    i.e. If the flexibility enables the scheme to remain available to newcomers ... its that or nowt !

7. :roll: :roll: The demise of the Final year salary scheme, is continuing at breakneck speed,and is very near terminal in the UK. The only one that will remain INMHO will be that of the Members of Parliment, which is of course funded by the good old Tax Payer (you and me) Re your" slightly inferior pension scheme "DC :roll: :roll: is like the difference between a non league team, and that of a Premier team. :wink: :wink: "Defined Contribution" pensions that effectively turns their nest egg into a gamble on the stock market because of the way pension funds are invested. Which will also now have CPI yearly rises added to it as opposed to RPI, along with the state pension. When in reciept.