Another chance....would you join the same branch again....??

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by SELJUK, Aug 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hmmmmmmmmmm,
    given the chance again I would still join boats but this time around I'd go in as an MA. They always seemed to be law unto themselves and as there was only ever three (?) on board at sea they were pretty much left alone.

They were also given a lot of respect because of their access to needles and wotnot. :relax:

2. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Without a shadow of a doubt, there was many a time I looked at other branches jobs and routines and thought I was quite well off, conversely I never looked at any other branch and thought that it would be a better job than mine.

WE (Ordnance) The Nads :headbang:

3. I would, but only to get at the POWRNWTR than trained me, what a pair of norks!!!!!

4. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Once a stoker always a stoker.

5. Without a doubt, but possibly recat a little earlier.

6. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Concur shipmate :thumright:

7. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Yeah but this time join up as a dabber rather than recat from chef.

8. I could never be anything but a greenie :)

9. Yup,i'd still join up as an MA.

10. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Me three mate best of the best

11. At the careers office, they only talked about stoker (and I imagined coal and shovels .....) or seaman so imagine my surprise to see other branches when joining Raleigh. After 5 years I re-catted to Greenie (Pinkie). Shame I "wasted" the first 5 years

12. Ganges trained Seaman, Dryad trained RP, Dolphin trained Submariner the creme de la creme of the Cream. It was of course in the days that sandscratchers could multi task.

Nutty

13. The simple answer is yes, i would`nt change a thing, as a seperate question while on here, this OM Branch, are there any Chiefs?

14. No, I would definitely look for something else as lack of job satisfaction within my trade was one of the reasons that I left.

15. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Joined as a stoker in 54 at Raleigh when that was all they did.
    Wasn't very chuffed when they changed our title to M(E)
    In those days the orfficers wore colour between there rings to denote
    there department. I think the engine room dept. was known as the purple empire.

Wouldn't change a thing

16. Ditto!

17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...There is no other branch! :lol:

18. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

Dusty always - 'cos everyone wanted to be your friend --- especially when tot time came around ;)

But that is another story in the good old bad old days before compulsory T !!

:lol:

19. No! They shut the branch I joined up into, then reopened some years later (bunting tosser) wouldn't let me do the last course in the next branch I wanted to join (boomer) and I didn't find out about my final choice until too late - sailmaker!

Probably joined a century too late - story of my life! Now I'm to old to join anything, including the dole queue!

20. Re: Another chance....would you join the same branch again..

GODS BRANCH :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:worship: http://www.aircrewman.org.uk/ :worship: