Another African Leader with his hands in the till.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Nutty, May 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Charles Taylor ex-Dictator of Liberia has been accused of salting away $5 Billion US dollars.

Contributor Mode

Still that is still $47 BILLION U.S. Dollars less than that nice General Mobutu of Zaire Stole from his Nation. Yes $51 Billion for them that have a GCE, as opposed to GCSE in Maths

Solve the problem, tow AFRICA 500 miles South and sink it.

2. Nutty
    About three years ago I had a road to Damascus moment and saw the light. I stopped all my charitable donations which went to Africa.
    Honesty is a word that they are unable to understand. The leaders would rather see their people starve rather than stop taking money out of the till to meet their own greedy ends.
  3. Doesn't surprise me in the least
  4. Nutty - No word yet on how much President Antoine Rastus Odinga Bliar got away with???

5. I'm sure it's less that Mr Northern Rock Jr who is symphoning off melted gold straight out of the Bank of England's vaults! So much for market forces!
  6. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Becoming the leader of an African country is difficult and dangerous work, so there has to be an incentive. This is provided by the UN, EU, IMF etc giving aid directly Govt to Govt and then turning a blind eye to what happens to it. Frogs particularly buy influence like that, even if the target bod keeps bits of people in his freezer for lunch. C'est pour la gloire, n'est-ce pas?
  7. So why should we be even surprised?

8. We now have H4H, so those of us with Service connections can donate, knowing that our charity monies will be going to people with whom we share much interest. If only there was a bit more common sense applied to the areas on which this charity money will be spent! Instead it will be supporting a specious move of Service medical assets to Lichfield and Birmingham, as well as maintaining an admittedly lovely but misplaced rehab facility in leafy Surrey.