Another 42 Bites the Dust

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Not_a_boffin, Jan 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Phew, that's one less war canoe from the mighty Argentinian armada to worry about as we try to defend the Falkland Islands from potential hostile intent - I shall sleep easier tonight
  2. Nah - that's only a tilt test.........
  3. Or...

'The Bear' was visiting and went to the port side to look at the fishy boats!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hmmn, looks like the Outside Stoker has been "radaring" his bilge dips for the last nine years.

Let this be a salutary lesson to ET(ME)'s.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. .
    IIRC when the first T42, HMS Sheffield Mk I,was being built at B-in-Furness circa 1972 a nasty oxy-acetylene fire & explosion caused considerable damage at the quarterdeck area, killing two (?) of the builders.

At that time ARA Hercules (ARA Santisima Trinidad's older sister) was also under construction at Vickers.

I believe that, to avoid delaying HMS Sheffields launch by the Queen, a large chunk of ARA Hercules's steel work was removed to replace the badly damaged back end of Sheffield. So when Corporate flashed up ten years later the Shiny Sheff went off to war effectively wearing an Argentinian warship's arse end...
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Has it passed?
  7. .

"Casing - My complements to the Coxn and ask him to send my housewife up top please!"

8. Will we get the blame for that??? Mabye Prince William will planned it all whilst he was down there???
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mmm,

So it's not due to the cumbersome weight of all those pigeon droppings topside after all then, Nina?
  11. Who's this Nina then? Sounds a bit of alright. Any chance of an intro? :smile:

• Like Like x 1