Another 17 year old wanting to join the Navy

Kvahuest

Im currently in my first year of college doing level 1 automotive engineering, im wanting to become a weapons engineer, ive already been told about the basic training i will go through by someone on reddit, just came here to know about it more in depth, i failed most of my GCSE’s, will it affect the outcome of me joining or not? Also i have dyspraxia, i have bad hand-eye coordination, will that affect me aswell?

I dont think my parents will mind me joining either since they suggested it not too long ago.

fishhead

War Hero
There is no-one on this forum who can give you an answer to medical problems. However there is sure fire way to find out and that register an interest in joining and starting the process. Somewhere along the line you will be asked about any problems and you will either be given the OK or told why you are being refused.
Good luck.

Kvahuest

There is no-one on this forum who can give you an answer to medical problems. However there is sure fire way to find out and that register an interest in joining and starting the process. Somewhere along the line you will be asked about any problems and you will either be given the OK or told why you are being refused.
Good luck.
Ill just have to wait and see, im applying when i pass level 2 automotive, it hasnt caused me any major problems when i got older just mainly when i was really young,

soleil

War Hero
Have a look at this, it's probably what you are looking for.

Have a look at these questions and see how you get on.

Kvahuest

Have a look at this, it's probably what you are looking for.

Have a look at these questions and see how you get on.

I tried the test you linked at the bottom, got 66% on my first try, one question confused me the most, it was question 2, heres a picture , do you mind explaining to me how to work this one out? I picked C

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Impossible to tell what the answer is as we cannot see the dotted line. From the choices though - if the line is 90° left of the original course, it is west. If it is 45° left then it is SW.

huwshpis

War Hero
It's quite clearly North-West. South is to the right in the diagram. If you imagine yourself looking along the track towards due South, the change is more than a right-angle (90 degrees) to your right, so it's NW.

Taztiff

War Hero
Impossible to tell what the answer is as we cannot see the dotted line. From the choices though - if the line is 90° left of the original course, it is west. If it is 45° left then it is SW.
Looks like a perspective issue with the 'drawing'.
To me, the ship is turning 135° from original course therefore going North-West.
The drawing shows a new course of south-west if you ignore that the arrow pointing south is actually 90° away from south and pointing East.

New more coffee!

Editted to say - @huwshpis beat me to it!!

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
It's quite clearly North-West. South is to the right in the diagram. If you imagine yourself looking along the track towards due South, the change is more than a right-angle (90 degrees) to your right, so it's NW.
I had a "we value your privacy" notice covering the drawing! Once I clicked on it the screen cleared and allowed me to see the image - you are quite correct, it obviously looks NW.

But since that isn't one of the options offered, looking at the perspective aspect then perhaps the answer is actually West then? The ship has turned to starboard on a perpendicular course.

Ballistic

War Hero
If we assume that the ship is, as represented in the drawing, on the surface and the heavy 'South' arrow is in line with the sea surface, then the dotted line represents the ship sinking backwards at a 45 degree angle.

Alfacharlie

War Hero
If we assume that the ship is, as represented in the drawing, on the surface and the heavy 'South' arrow is in line with the sea surface, then the dotted line represents the ship sinking backwards at a 45 degree angle.
It may even be a ‘manual relative velocity’ question!? Who knows.

Taztiff

War Hero
If we also assume (from the picture) that it is a Type 45, then shouldn't the wording be changed from 'sailing' to 'cold move'?

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
For S&G I did the test and lo and behold, the answer is . . .

answer.JPG

The image of the vessel was simply to demonstrate what one looks like and had nothing to do with the actual question!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
For S&G I did the test and lo and behold, the answer is . . .

View attachment 46987

The image of the vessel was simply to demonstrate what one looks like and had nothing to do with the actual question!
So when's your entry date? which iron are you taking? Grip or suitcase and how big? Where did you get your white marker pens?

So many questions, so few answers :confused:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vauxhall Another happy 70 year old Finance & Pensions 0
babystew another of the old ones gone. Submariners 15
N Another old photo History 4
MoD_RSS UK Government matches another £5 million of donations for coronavirus appeal after huge public response MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Every pupil in England to see another rise in funding in 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Sentence increased for Northampton man who killed another man in pub attack MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another leap forward in returning salmon to Yorkshire Dales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Manchester woman who glassed another woman has sentence increased MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Another 900 British travellers in New Zealand set to return to the UK MoD News 0
J Transferring from one role to another The Fleet Air Arm 5
MoD_RSS A connected UK: government extends Dundee to London flight route for another year MoD News 0
R Do you have to do another Pass or Fail interview at the PRNC? Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS Another success for the government’s voter ID pilots: 22 July 2019 MoD News 0
Waspie Another underwater tragedy! Submariners 1
J Yet another Commonwealth Applicant Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
TuckerKlein Not another RMR post... RMR 2
vauxhall Another Success for Commission Officer Supplements Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Another unclaimed pension is paid Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Another happy veteran Finance & Pensions 3
vauxhall Another veteran reunited with his pension Finance & Pensions 0
WannabeAdmiral Yet another AIB experience Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 56
Capn_Pugwash Another one! Current Affairs 5
vauxhall Another pensions success Finance & Pensions 1
D The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine The Gash Barge 55
S Yet another age 55 question Finance & Pensions 5
vauxhall Another payout for an LE officer whose pension was upderpaid Finance & Pensions 0
OsmiumOxide Another attack, another day. Current Affairs 0
Sumo Another night of terror Current Affairs 150
NateDogg Able to transfer/ move to another common wealth force? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
woody28 Psychometric- yet another thread Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
L Another boring question but I'm confused.. Joining the Royal Navy 3
Wightsparker Another bomb dredged from Portsmouth Harbour Current Affairs 3
BoatyMcBoatFace ET-(WE) (Yes, another question I the Joining the Royal Navy 2
Captain Birdseye Changing to another AFCO? UPO/Careers Office 11
Wightsparker And another Portsmouth bomb...... Current Affairs 3
Wightsparker Another Portsmouth UXB Current Affairs 12
L Another set of questions on Selection Interview. Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
U One Wall After Another Joining the Royal Navy 14
S Just another stupid question about drug convictions Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Just Another Medical History Question... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
S Another boring historical uniform question? History 18
H Is there another eye test at the medical? Health & Fitness 2
B Another Re-join!! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
Sumo Just another day at the office or should have been? Miscellaneous 4
B Another joining time Q Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
northern-matelot HMS Queen Betty, another "milestone" Current Affairs 75
Zakialwe Another AIB Diary... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
G Another Tattoo Question (Sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 28
J Another eyesight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
GreedoTheFerret Yet another clearance diver thread... Sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7