Annual RN Budget

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Oceanic, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a ballpark figure for this? Have looked on the Treasury website and not had much luck I'm afraid.

2. £2.50 or on a shoe string
  3. How much have you got?
  4. Oceanic

I don't think that there is a specified total annual budget for the Royal Navy per se, in fact, I don't think that there is a specified total annual budget for the Armed Forces as a whole - expenditure on the Armed Forces is expected to come from the funds allocated to the MoD via the Defence Budget.

It would be reasonable to equate the Defence Budget with the Departmental Expenditure Limit (DEL) allocated to the Ministry of Defence by Parliament in any given financial year.

The MoD's DEL for the financial year 2011/2012 was £33,750 Million, IIRC.

Have a browse through the most recent Annual Report for the MoD; it includes the Department's accounts:
  5. I wasn't really expecting a simple figure to be honest! Thanks Soliel, much appreciated.
  6. Thank you Soleil, you're wasted on here!
  7. Just to add ....

Having said what I have said, there seems to be a figure on page 120 of last year's MoD Annual Report which might fit the bill from your point of view ...

Look at the line for Navy Command in the table on that page and see what you come up with.

The MoD's Annual Report for the financial year 2011/2012 should become available in the next few weeks, by the way. If you look at that, you should be able to see an even more current figure for Navy Command in the equivalent table to the one I have referred to in the 2010/2011 Report.