Andym's Web site

Like the simulated piccies Andy

The A4 Pacifics were a real peice of Locomotion. The Coronation was an example of 1930's streamlining on an already nicely shaped engine!!

The carriages on the Mallard --she should have had about eight :lol: :lol:

andym

War Hero
Greenie said:

The A4 Pacifics were a real peice of Locomotion. The Coronation was an example of 1930's streamlining on an already nicely shaped engine!!

yeah i know but i was tinkering around with the consist,just to see how much a full load made to the performance of the Loco.Ive had a top speed of 136mph so far with 11 Mk1 BR coaches.the Coronations unfortunatly arent any way as fast as the Mallard.

Of course you tell from Andy's piccies that the railways were just as late running then as now, except in those days they were so late running that all the passangers had given up waiting and gone home - hence the deserted platforms!

Incidentally Andy, forgive me for showing my ignorance, but is there any special significance in the fact that one train is spouting white smoke and the other black? Was the one spouting white smoke announcing the election of a new Archbishop of Canterbury by any chance?

andym said:
Greenie said:

yeah i know but i was tinkering around with the consist,just to see how much a full load made to the performance of the Loco.Ive had a top speed of 136mph so far with 11 Mk1 BR coaches.the Coronations unfortunatly arent any way as fast as the Mallard.
I think they did the Mallard run as a speed stunt --126-- mph the normal speed attained was 112 mph cos the track and bends on some parts of the line. Apart from that they were worried about economy --like exhausting the coal on distance runs!!

Used to see the' Union of South Africa ' up here quite frequently doing tours very nice looking peices. Pure power .

Steam Supreme :lol: :lol:

andym

War Hero
Actually there is a reason.If its black the either a shovel or 2 of cal has ben added or the Regulator (accelerator) has been opened up.If its grey then the fire is being worked efficiently and the engine isnt under stress,ie accelrating.(i think)

andym

War Hero
After installing the Now famous MTSTbin patch i canply witt the camera angles.Here are a few shots of my new Derby-Burton Route,circa 1950's.A mixed goods train en route to Long eaton.

Setting out from the siding.

Waiting for a green light.

if you look in the distance you can see the smoke from the Fast Express to Birmingham on its way!

I don't know Rosie... 8O

You ain't even bothered to get a nice shine on your boots ready for Parade on Sunday. I shall have to have a word with the PO Stoker about this! As punishment I think he'll have to place all your shoes, boots and handbags in a padlocked polished dustbin in his shed for a month as jankers. :twisted:

andym said:
After installing the Now famous MTSTbin patch i canply witt the camera angles.Here are a few shots of my new Derby-Burton Route,circa 1950's.A mixed goods train en route to Long eaton.

Waiting for a green light.

if you look in the distance you can see the smoke from the Fast Express to Birmingham on its way!
Yep definately 1950's ------------------waiting for green lights doesn't happen now cos the trains run on time :lol: