Andym's Web site

Been to York NRMuseum about five times.

Good thing about that place is that the Wife could drop me off and come back when it closed each day to collect me -- and she never complained .
Mind you it cost me --the York shops are quite good too!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Planes are acceptable BY, Trainspotters are accepted as being a very strange breed, in this day and age they can still be found standing on railway stations, wearing anoraks, with all sorts of cameras and recording equipment adourning their bodies. This was perhaps fine in the days of steam when there were many types of engines, but in these diesel electric days there is not much variety.

Two countries separated by the (almost) same language.

What colour anorak do you wear Andy?

I think these would go with your eyes!

History of the Anorak
In the 17th Century, Anne of the Rack decided to make a coat with a convenient hood on it, that kept out the rain. Naturally she was accused of witchcraft from not getting her hair wet, and thus she was sentenced to death. She narrowly escaped the executioner's blade when he chopped her hood off instead of her head. Then she escaped from the big castle by using the hood as a parachute. After many years in hiding she opened a shop in the woods to show others her wonderous creation, and thus the Ann-o-rak was born. If you believe this, you probably believe anything.

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
Nice steam engine UA.Buggered if i know what it is though,not being a Train spotter!!!!
Andy nearly said it was a 4-6-0, but thought better of it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

andym

War Hero
Dabs said:
andym said:
Nice steam engine UA.Buggered if i know what it is though,not being a Train spotter!!!!

Dabs,you got the lingo weighed off havent you?You a Closet Spotter???? 8O

Dabs

Lantern Swinger
andym said:
Dabs said:
andym said:

Dabs,you got the lingo weighed off havent you?You a Closet Spotter???? 8O
What, what did I say? :lol:

Father_Famine

Lantern Swinger
UncleAlbert said:
Here you go Andy this is the Choo choo we went to York on a couple of months ago, running on the main line.

Good day out. Whoooo oooh

………
Strange, according to Internet, "Rood Ashton Hall" was withdrawn and scrapped in 1962, it's number was 4965, not 4865 or 4365, cant read the number on the photo.

OH I'm not a closet spotter, I did start spotting closets, but, after getting assualted a couple of times, propositioned by George Michael and arrested I thought it safer to take up Train Spotting.

Just off to top my flask up................