Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Andy Gray Sacked: Sky Sports Presenter Loses Job After Sexist Remarks"

Knowing that Finks 'lives & breathes politics' I can well understand his reaction of disinterest but Sol did ask the question, so:

A. PC knee-jerking, Sky were OTT. Gray had apologised to that person and his apology had been accepted, but it transpires that he had 'form' for expressing some similar, non-kosher, views so he was probably on an unspecified/unspoken/unissued Public Warning for his 'attitude' anyway.

IMO This story is of interest to those who: follow soccer/are locked into Murdoch's Sky Sports cash-cow and also to Woman's Lib. Beyond that, too much hype - Gash Barge?

G

guestm

Why should it? It's current affairs. And no less interesting than the usual daily wail shite plastered around. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it won't others. Besides, gray is a cock and should have been sacked ages ago for not knowing what the **** he's talking about and having his head roved up the big fours arses.

Also, there is no place for prehistoric "banter" when it's hard enough getting females into football as it is. Well done sky.

NZ_Bootneck

War Hero
For 'professional' broadcasters to not realise that when rigged up with microphones that they could be live is bad enough, but to state that because she was a woman the Official wouldn't know how to interpret the Offside rule, surely shows contempt for women in Football but also the FA and Referees Association which would have accredited the Official and have ensured that before she even officiated a Sunday morning pub league game that she understood the most contentious rule in Football.
So deservedly sacked IMO.
Sky concerned about wimmins rights? Page 3, need I say more?
BSKYB are in negotiations with the UK Gubbmint to have total control switched to Media Corps are they not? That might have more to do with it than Rupert feeling incensed with boorish behaviour by talking heads.:slow:

G

guestm

For 'professional' broadcasters to not realise that when rigged up with microphones that they could be live is bad enough, but to state that because she was a woman the Official wouldn't know how to interpret the Offside rule, surely shows contempt for women in Football but also the FA and Referees Association which would have accredited the Official and have ensured that before she even officiated a Sunday morning pub league game that she understood the most contentious rule in Football.
So deservedly sacked IMO.
Sky concerned about wimmins rights? Page 3, need I say more?
BSKYB are in negotiations with the UK Gubbmint to have total control switched to Media Corps are they not? That might have more to do with it than Rupert feeling incensed with boorish behaviour by talking heads.:slow:

It was Barney Francis, skysports MD who pulled the trigger.

mophead

Lantern Swinger
An arrogant sexist getting his just rewards....broadcasting and football can well do without him and his like.

Am happy Andy gray is going the horrible FRISP. I think its out of order Andy Burton getting suspended, Alls he said is the woman lines man is a bit of a looker. Can't some people handle sarcasm or does he have sh1t in his eyes and he was being serious.

G

guestm

More politically correct bollocks.....

Hardly. He has previous. The latest gob off is just the straw that broke the proverbial. His previous misdemeanour was to ask a female colleague to stuff a microphone in his Kecks. No place for it in any workplace.

jockpopeye

Lantern Swinger
Book Reviewer
If it wasn't for this then he should have been sacked anyway for looking like a potato.

With regards the female linesman, blazing a trail in the face of such sexism really takes balls, good on yer lass!

21_Man

War Hero
What fascinates me is that people seem to expect an ex-footballer to behave any differently. The man is an oaf

diesel

Lantern Swinger
Watch this space I think.

On the 18th Jan 'Gray the Cock' took legal action, I believe, against the News of the Screws. One could easily take the conspiracy route here. Sky said they would not investigate who is leaking all this crap and even more is coming as I write (I am 8 hours ahead of most of you).

Sky is Murdoch's baby, he's lost his No 10 'Mole', Coulson, and he has got the hump. Andy Gray is suing him blah blah blah

I don't know why I posted 'cos I can't stand the cnut, Keys is going today I expect as he's dropped another bollock I believe.

I'm off to Diamond Lil's with all the other 'sexists'. You know who you are.
:hiding:

Why should it? It's current affairs. And no less interesting than the usual daily wail shite plastered around. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it won't others. Besides, gray is a cock and should have been sacked ages ago for not knowing what the **** he's talking about and having his head roved up the big fours arses.

Also, there is no place for prehistoric "banter" when it's hard enough getting females into football as it is. Well done sky.
Concur. Spot on MLP

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Sarah Fowler, Nadine Thomson, Andy Wood appointed as Board Members to Visit England Advisory Board MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Andy Green awarded CBE in New Year Honours MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Scottish Secretary David Mundell urges tennis bosses to serve up the next Andy and Jamie Murrays MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Andy Adams appointed as the Chief Constable of the Ministry of Defence Police MoD News 0
soleil BZ To LS Andy Westlake, HMS Flying Fox - Best Reservist Nomination, The Millies 2013 Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 4
sgtpepperband The Internet Reacts To Andy Murray Diamond Lil's 31
tiddlyoggy RIP CPOMEA Andy Marriott The Fleet 5
scouse RIP Andy Diamond Lil's 6
Mongke's_Fist Auction - Battle Lines by Andy McNab Charity 27
Ageing_Gracefully Book Competition - Battle Lines by Andy McNab Competitions 32
WhatTheDeuce Andy McNAB The Book Club 50
janner Andy rooney on sex! Miscellaneous 1
BillyNoMates Captain "Andy" Buchanan RN (Ret'd) Submariners 1
Andy_Cap Andy hits the 60 Year mark Today Diamond Lil's 39
BillyNoMates Andy McKee - Motion guitar. Diamond Lil's 2
Haggis_Catcher andy murray Sports and Adventure Training 60
Niner_Domestic Canada in the news and stories of our own Andy McNabb International 10
MoD_RSS The Prime Minister has reappointed Dame Minouche Shafik and Muriel Gray as Trustees of the British Museum. MoD News 0
G Stan Gray History 0
wave_dodger New CDM - Bernard Gray Current Affairs 7
A MoD & Bernard Gray report. Interesting reading. Current Affairs 22
dustyjack Dolly Gray The Quarterdeck 10
Ageing_Gracefully Captain of HMS QE Sacked The Quarterdeck 33
SaladDodger Gavin Williamson sacked.... Current Affairs 10
NZ_Bootneck Shock horror!! I've been sacked!!! Diamond Lil's 28
soleil Telegraph: "MoD £2bn 'Cash Pile' Scandal As Thousands Of Troops Sacked" Current Affairs 26
soggykitkat sacked Miscellaneous 23
soleil Telegraph: "Quarter Of RAF Trainee Pilots To Be Sacked In Defence Spending Cull" The Fleet Air Arm 3
Ollie-O 'Sacked' from HM Armed Forces? Current Affairs 11
K Gurkhas will be sacked early to reduce their pension rights Current Affairs 18
T McClaren Sacked Current Affairs 41
sgtpepperband Sacked after 10 minutes... Diamond Lil's 10
slim The debt adviser sacked for saving suicidal woman Diamond Lil's 9
mikh BBC Presenter to be sacked Diamond Lil's 13
slim SACKED TEACHER LAUNCHES BID TO SAVE HIS CAREER Current Affairs 7
slim 999 crew sacked in meal break row The Quarterdeck 9
D Sacked being a MOD Submariners 11
SILVER_FOX Veil teacher 'should be sacked' Current Affairs 171