Andrews alibi?

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by seafarer1939, Jul 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fergie has stated her marriage boke up because the Navy insisted that once they were married Andy went to sea for five years!and she could not take it.
    Well I don't know where the hell he was but he was never at sea for 5 years,the most I spent abroad was '59 to late '61 and that was just above the norm.
    Some of these people forget that it's stupid to say these things that can be
    proved wrong,without much effort.
    I'm suprised the papers printed it.

2. The papers will print anything , doesn't even have to be the truth , :w00t: :thumright:
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

I have yet to read anything in a newspaper (or encounter anything on TV or radio) of which I had personal knowledge without knowing it to be in some respect wrong. Journos are generalists under time pressure, and their stuff is then sub-edited by third parties. These three things seem virtually to ensure that NOTHING in the media is 100% correct, leave alone what is shamelessly invented.
  4. Obviously wasn't true - he was a waffoo ... ! :)
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

What, Freddie Starr didn't eat that Hamster?

Jeez, I'm only surprised someone hasn't suggested that Princess Di was bumped off on the orders of Fergie's Father in Law!

ooh...hang on, someone's at the door. Whoever can that be at this time....?
  6. So - if (big f'n IF) Fergie was dumb enough to believe that Andrew was at sea for that long ... he must be a hell of a story teller. Imagine the kind of ground he could cover in that kind of timescale. It would make one hell of a night out with the boys!!

7. I once worked for an old skool Tiff 1 who had convinced his wife that he had been doing straight 1 in 4 duties since the day they met. He used the extra "free" weekend off every month to spend some quality time with his Guzz aunty.
  8. I would agree as it was an ironic post from me except every! paper printed the same story.
    I think the girl was just looking for excuses ignoring the toe sucking episodes etc.etc.etc.
  9. I had a bit of a fling with him between matelot husband 1 and 2. He was only a sprog officer at the time, but already he'd developed a taste for the 'fuller figured' lady, if you know what I mean.
    The relationship was going fairly well. We shared everything; Andy introduced me to golf by letting me carry his sack of bats around the course and I introduced him to Joannas. Contrary to popular opinion and unlike many of the other Royals, he does have the common touch. Yes, many's the night he got common with me up against that plastic tree in the middle of the dancefloor! Needless to say it didn't last (what relationship with a matelot ever does?) and with the benefit of hindsight, I think our love affair was doomed from the moment he invited me to spend the weekend with his family in Balmoral.
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Slapper! YOu told me you were spending the weekend with the In-Laws.... hmm, I knew it! :lol:
  11. ANTWERP:
    Met the guy on a Mine sweper in the port of the same name.
    Got a call around from a cooky boy of the name "Flood" (allergic to alcohol).
    Andrew was one of the guys - up to him what he did!
    A nicer most straight forward guy you'll never meet:
    Beerr & PUSSY!
  12. Sorry Sarge, you must have the wrong navywife. Nothing personal, but you wouldn't catch me cavorting with a crusher. Even a girl like me has certain standards!
  13. sgtpepperband

Hmm, obviously.... never knew Navywives were so fussy.... they usually can't wait for us to go round the MQs during the day.... never seen so many growlers.... 8O
  14. If your name doesn't end in 'murgles' then I salute you gal!!

He's fat, overindulged, golf-persistent, what my tax money is going towards, flamin useless!!! Sorry then! Queen Elizabeth 2nd is a fantastic monarch. For many people, like me, the only monarch we have ever had! Her children? No thanks!
  15. Oh I don't know, i think Anne would've made a cracking Queen (Had it been allowed)
  16. ONLY thing in any newspaper which is TRUE is The DATE and the PRICE. Related to a journo at New of the screws, and boy do they cull some stuff.
  17. Now don't get cross with me darling, it's nothing personal. It's just... well's just the smell you see? One of my mates married a crusher and she used to complain about it all the time. I used to wonder what the hell she was talking about. Anyway, one day I got fed up of her constant dripping and pointed out to her that since my own husband at the time was a submariner I had it even worse than she did.

'Now that miserable bastard really does chuck up!' I told her.

'Yeah, but he only stinks of diesel.' she replied. 'I'd love it if my Reggie only stank of diesel.'

'What could be worse than diesel?' I asked her.

'Well it's that Provest wagon smell.' she explained. 'You know, that potent mixture of stale urine, vomit, dried blood, shit, neat bleach and white front spray-on starch.'

'Gotcha!' I said. 'Now you come to mention it, that is worse than diesel!'
  18. Perhaps she mean't sea time in the same way that a draft to FOST is theoretically sea time. The go home every night don't work weekends type of sea time. Not picking on FOSTIE's I'm sure that there are plenty of other examples.
  19. sgtpepperband

That'll be from all the drunken wives from the domestics we deal with in Rowner.... it's like an uncut episode of 'Shameless' round there!! :lol:
  20. I thought Edward made a cracking queen then he went and spoilt it all by getting tied up,