Andrew Robothan MP

C

canteenflat

Our dear Veterans mminister has made yet another misleading statement concerning Nuclear Test veteransLlitigation

He will apologise further.

In the short time we have been blessed with a Veterans Ministers we have had 10 (I think) All useless! We are now blessed with a lady Perm Sec MOD. Knows as much about it as the ship's parrot did on the Adamant

Last edited by a moderator:
I have written to him for a few of us that would like recognition for our service in the south atlantic in 82 after the surrender in the form of some medal or other...im a veteran and i think im gonna be dissapointed....i dont think he's on our side !

Why on earth would you want a medal for serving in the Falklands AFTER the surrender? It's like asking for a medal for serving in Germany or Hong Kong or Singapore after WWII. What about one for serving to protect the world from the Soviet Union?

I feel loads of bling coming on but none of it actually "earned"! - remind you of some of these seeming US war heroes with 3 or 4 rows of ribbons before they even get out of Boot Camp?

Why on earth would you want a medal for serving in the Falklands AFTER the surrender? It's like asking for a medal for serving in Germany or Hong Kong or Singapore after WWII. What about one for serving to protect the world from the Soviet Union?

I feel loads of bling coming on but none of it actually "earned"! - remind you of some of these seeming US war heroes with 3 or 4 rows of ribbons before they even get out of Boot Camp?
this is a debate that is ongoing im affraid and i knew a reply like yours would come in..in the aftermath just after the surrender a lot of rigourous and harduous tasks were completed ie mine and bomb disposal..action stations most days to name but a few ...i think we deserve some recognition over those that never left whitehall but somehow got a medal also assension was 4000 miles away but they got a medal i know a lot wont agree but i know hell of a lot who do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Current Affairs 5
N The Fleet 2
Jenny_Dabber The Fleet 20