Andrew Robothan MP

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by canteenflat, Feb 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our dear Veterans mminister has made yet another misleading statement concerning Nuclear Test veteransLlitigation

He will apologise further.

In the short time we have been blessed with a Veterans Ministers we have had 10 (I think) All useless! We are now blessed with a lady Perm Sec MOD. Knows as much about it as the ship's parrot did on the Adamant
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  2. I have written to him for a few of us that would like recognition for our service in the south atlantic in 82 after the surrender in the form of some medal or a veteran and i think im gonna be dissapointed....i dont think he's on our side !
  3. Why on earth would you want a medal for serving in the Falklands AFTER the surrender? It's like asking for a medal for serving in Germany or Hong Kong or Singapore after WWII. What about one for serving to protect the world from the Soviet Union?

I feel loads of bling coming on but none of it actually "earned"! - remind you of some of these seeming US war heroes with 3 or 4 rows of ribbons before they even get out of Boot Camp?
  4. this is a debate that is ongoing im affraid and i knew a reply like yours would come the aftermath just after the surrender a lot of rigourous and harduous tasks were completed ie mine and bomb disposal..action stations most days to name but a few ...i think we deserve some recognition over those that never left whitehall but somehow got a medal also assension was 4000 miles away but they got a medal i know a lot wont agree but i know hell of a lot who do.