And the Gold Medals for Asylum goes to.....

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Well it's not as though it's unprecedented. No doubt G4S will be closing the gap with regard the manpower shortfall;

Telegraph said:
In 2002, the west African country of Sierra Leone sent a 30-strong team to the Commonwealth Games in Manchester but 20 had disappeared by the end.

C

cúnt

If we could fast track his application he could run for us next week. We might even win a track medal.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Wondeerful to see that some people are still unable to overcome their xenophobic prejudices and distinguish between asylum seekers and immigrants (legal or otherwise). :oops:

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
So what was the fast tracked to a British passport, Zola Bud in 1984, asylum seeker, immigrant or just bloody fast and GB fancied a medal Los Angeles Olympic Games
If you're going to use her as an (irrelevant) reference, at least get her name right. It's Zola Budd.

Anyway, she never claimed asylum in the UK. Surprisingly it was that bastion of immigration, The Daily Mail, that persuaded Budd to apply for British citizenship on the grounds that her grandfather was British in order to circumvent the international sporting boycott of South Africa and race for Team GB. Ironic, innit?

This tactic has been used in British sport for years; in fact a number of members of our international squads were not born in the UK but are eligible for passports through maternal/paternal family conections. A significant number of Team GB were not born here, but I bet you and others will be cheering them on in the Finals and perhaps joining them as they collect their medals on the podium as the Union flag is being hoisted in the stadium..? :?

I will cheer on any nationality that wins an event as they have all done well to be there, if they are part of team GB an added bonus.
:pottytrain2::pottytrain2::pottytrain2:

First thing that should be asked of any asylum seeker is how many safe countries have you passed through to get here, if he says any, he should be returned to the one nearest to his own.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
First thing that should be asked of any asylum seeker is how many safe countries have you passed through to get here, if he says any, he should be returned to the one nearest to his own.
Wow, that is brilliant! Now I wonder why UKBA didn't think of that? :?

The Daily Mail, that persuaded Budd to apply for British citizenship on the grounds that her grandfather was British in order to circumvent the international sporting boycott of South Africa.

From Wikipedia
The Daily Mail, a British tabloid newspaper, persuaded Budd's father to encourage her to apply for British citizenship, on the grounds that her grandfather was British, to circumvent the international Sporting boycott of South Africa

Uncanny almost word for word

Not at all, its perfectly acceptable to quote from your source of information, I've done it loads of times to make out I'm smarter than I am, but I soon get sussed out 'cos people soon realise after listening to me for a while that I'm not that bright.

Wondeerful to see that some people are still unable to overcome their xenophobic prejudices and distinguish between asylum seekers and immigrants (legal or otherwise). :oops:

All of us here know the difference and we also know a pig in a poke when we see one, so your oblique innuendoes are falling on stony ground.

Sorry, it has got fuck all to do with xenophobia. It is simply that we are full!! Why are we the first stop for every waif and stray in the world? Sorry SPB but I get fucked off with do gooders calling me racist/blinkered/xenophobic just because I am fed up with being the welfare state for the world.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scud Diamond Lil's 22
S The Fleet 9
W Diamond Lil's 40