And the Gold Medals for Asylum goes to.....

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by trelawney126, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh. Guess we can get a meniscus effect with immigrants.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Well it's not as though it's unprecedented. No doubt G4S will be closing the gap with regard the manpower shortfall;

3. If there any good, they could end up with a British passport and run for GB remember Zola Bub anyone?
  4. Come on down Moses, we have plenty spare room in our green and pleasant land and oodles of spare cash to hand out to you.
  5. If we could fast track his application he could run for us next week. We might even win a track medal.
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Wondeerful to see that some people are still unable to overcome their xenophobic prejudices and distinguish between asylum seekers and immigrants (legal or otherwise). :oops:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. So what was the fast tracked to a British passport, Zola Bud in 1984, asylum seeker, immigrant or just bloody fast and GB fancied a medal Los Angeles Olympic Games
  8. sgtpepperband

If you're going to use her as an (irrelevant) reference, at least get her name right. It's Zola Budd.

Anyway, she never claimed asylum in the UK. Surprisingly it was that bastion of immigration, The Daily Mail, that persuaded Budd to apply for British citizenship on the grounds that her grandfather was British in order to circumvent the international sporting boycott of South Africa and race for Team GB. Ironic, innit?

This tactic has been used in British sport for years; in fact a number of members of our international squads were not born in the UK but are eligible for passports through maternal/paternal family conections. A significant number of Team GB were not born here, but I bet you and others will be cheering them on in the Finals and perhaps joining them as they collect their medals on the podium as the Union flag is being hoisted in the stadium..? :?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I will cheer on any nationality that wins an event as they have all done well to be there, if they are part of team GB an added bonus.
  10. First thing that should be asked of any asylum seeker is how many safe countries have you passed through to get here, if he says any, he should be returned to the one nearest to his own.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sgtpepperband

Wow, that is brilliant! Now I wonder why UKBA didn't think of that? :?
  12. Staff at Heathrow are expecting a rush of Olympians throught the airport today.

The polish team are getting the train from Peterborough!!!

I'm here all week :lol:
  13. Sorry, I didnt realise that was what happened, I thought they either got to stay or were sent home, that'll teach me to open my mouth without doing some research, thanks for the heads up.
  15. sgtpepperband

Wow, that's brilliant!
  16. Not at all, its perfectly acceptable to quote from your source of information, I've done it loads of times to make out I'm smarter than I am, but I soon get sussed out 'cos people soon realise after listening to me for a while that I'm not that bright.

17. All of us here know the difference and we also know a pig in a poke when we see one, so your oblique innuendoes are falling on stony ground.
  18. sgtpepperband

19. Sorry, it has got fuck all to do with xenophobia. It is simply that we are full!! Why are we the first stop for every waif and stray in the world? Sorry SPB but I get fucked off with do gooders calling me racist/blinkered/xenophobic just because I am fed up with being the welfare state for the world.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 7