...and Custard.

upload_2016-12-14_12-59-27.png

Overheard recently in the 'Burgh:

PJ - See you, Jimmy, whits yon kiltie youse be awerring?
Deeps - 'Tis newly-wefted for The Trade Clan.
PJ - Jings! Nivver hurd o' thet ilk - Gizza cloo will ye, hoose the Chieftie o' yon Clan?
Deeps - Don'tcha know? I guess that would be 'Our Wullie' to you, pal.
PJ - (Aghast) You dinnae mean......Himselfie?
Deeps - Aye, 'tis Prince William, Duke of Cambridge, KG, KT, PC, ADC(P) Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Navy Submarine Service,

PJ - So help ma' Boab!!

Deeps - Safeguard, Gen Dit:

<<COMMANDER LOGISTICS SUBMARINE FLOTILLA TEMPORARY MEMORANDUM 03/16 of 25 Aug 2016

...On behalf of RASM, SubFlot is delighted to announce the availability of a unique tartan especially woven to represent the Submarine Service and which has been formally registered in the Scottish Register of Tartans as the Official Tartan of the Royal Navy Submarine Service. An image of the tartan is shown below. The colour scheme has been carefully designed, incorporating black to represent the boats; red, white and blue to represent the RN; green to represent the sea; and gold to represent the coveted submariners’ ‘Dolphins’ badge. Produced by the House of Edgar, this premium quality tartan, as well as a bespoke kilt and trews service for optional wear as part of No. 2 uniform, is now available to all submariners. The material is also available by the metre....BLAH BLAH...

...the Submarine tartan represents one of a number of projects designed to enhance both the esprit-de-corps and corporate identity of the Submarine Service. The material offers a unique opportunity for submariners to differentiate themselves from other members of the Armed Forces and it is hoped that the tartan will become synonymous with the elite force that is the Royal Navy Submarine Service...>>

PJ - Almost dropping his Litre of Buckie, Hamish mumbles incoherently whilst shuffling off into the gloaming.

==========================================

PS Q - I suppose that the Skimmers, Woos & RFA already have there ain Tartans?

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
I need to express concern about this...

Just as female sailors start to serve in submarines, suddenly the blokes have taken to wearing the kilt? I see many heaps of paperwork on the XO's desk, all as a result of unpleasant views as sailors climb the fin.....

Sumo

War Hero
I need to express concern about this...

Just as female sailors start to serve in submarines, suddenly the blokes have taken to wearing the kilt? I see many heaps of paperwork on the XO's desk, all as a result of unpleasant views as sailors climb the fin.....
That will not matter when the 60t ice cooler goes down and rig of the day in nicks and flip flops

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
On Montrose, the officers were allowed to wear Black Watch tartan. Didn't see anyone with a kilt tho, just trousers.

Warrant Officer Stephen Thomson modelling the first kilt to be made from the new Submarine Service tartan. Photo credit: Royal Navy/MoD/Crown copyright/PA Wire

‘The colour scheme of the new tartan has been designed to represent submarines’ environment.’ Submariner Warrant Officer Stephen Thomson

Read at: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/de...ine-service-unveils-official-tartan-1-7789713

PS Must be a photoshopped picture as it does not appear to be raining.

Latest Threads