An introduction...

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Abnavydavey1, Oct 6, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just thought I'd sign up as I'm currently on yet another week off watchkeepers, and there's only so many times you can pull yourself off...

...to the sofa to watch Tipping Point.

Submariner RO (or CIS, or ETWE or Faraday or whatever it is JPA says we are now).

Was on this forum before I joined up and found the "newbies" section helpful. Especially the insights into fitness and naval ethos that once seemed so important...

It's so glitzy and new now, look at you with your fancy apps. Shows offs.

2. Just thought I'd sign up as I'm currently on yet another week off watchkeepers, and there's only so many times you can pull yourself off...

...to the sofa to watch Tipping Point.

Submariner RO (or CIS, or ETWE or Faraday or whatever it is JPA says we are now).

Was on this forum before I joined up and found the "newbies" section helpful. Especially the insights into fitness and naval ethos that once seemed so important...

It's so glitzy and new now, look at you with your fancy apps. Shows offs.

3. Could you post your intro just one more time Abnavydavy. You know Pusser likes everything in triplicate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. How come after only a couple of posts he's got 3 gongs?

5. Where I come fromSB, that looks like 2. :cool:

6. He has probably just got in from a recent social diving gig and is still wearing the breather mask. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don't know how I got the gongs - but I'll wear them with pride. Maybe I'm just that good and deserved them earlier?

8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As a submariner, medals are a rare commodity. Covet them.

9. Very true. Unless you count the Dolphins or pin of shame they issue to a few of us...

10. Pin of shame ?.

11. Bomber pin. Not worth discussing I assure you.

12. Thanks 2 badgeman. ;)

13. No problem....5 badgeman

14. Wrecks is senior NCO regular poster on site , if you want more badges you will have to run it by him.:D

• Like Like x 1
  15. No I'll do my time, wait out and earn those badges.

AR

16. Funnily enough when you made your first post it did award 3 badges , Seadog must have been duty MOD and instead of off caps in front of him he left it to his Sub Lt PT who deprived you of third badge. ;)

17. ABD did say he was returning back to site may be his old post count?