An idea to help out...

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by chaffed_and_tender, Aug 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been told by a Joss that Reggies now get equivalent training to civvy plod, I propose that we send them all up to London to help maintain the peace. There you go ladies, hats and bats - show us what you can do. :D
  2. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Yes, that is true (Home Office-approved training; powers under PACE/CPIA/RIPA, etc., and holders of Warrant Cards.)

However Service Police (RN/RAF and Army) do not have all the powers of a Home Office police officer because they have not been sworn in as a Constable by a Magistrate and therefore have some limitations on power of arrest over civilians. Martial Law has not been declared - to my knowledge! - so there is no requirement for the military (police or otherwise) to be deployed on the streets.

3. I doubt there is much use for printing daily orders and drinking tea in London at the moment. Although I suppose they would have a field day picking people up for not ironing there trackies and polishing their Reeboks.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. sgtpepperband

Exactly, 2DD! And we know that the "NY" logo on your baseball cap should be immediately above the left eye, not on the back of the head... *tutting in disgust!*

5. Fuckin reggies always cramping my style.

How are you supposed to express your individuality in the modern Navy?
  6. sgtpepperband

Who told you that you had individuality?! You lost that when you signed the dotted line..!