An idea to help out...

Having been told by a Joss that Reggies now get equivalent training to civvy plod, I propose that we send them all up to London to help maintain the peace. There you go ladies, hats and bats - show us what you can do. :D

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Yes, that is true (Home Office-approved training; powers under PACE/CPIA/RIPA, etc., and holders of Warrant Cards.)

However Service Police (RN/RAF and Army) do not have all the powers of a Home Office police officer because they have not been sworn in as a Constable by a Magistrate and therefore have some limitations on power of arrest over civilians. Martial Law has not been declared - to my knowledge! - so there is no requirement for the military (police or otherwise) to be deployed on the streets.

:thumbup:

I doubt there is much use for printing daily orders and drinking tea in London at the moment. Although I suppose they would have a field day picking people up for not ironing there trackies and polishing their Reeboks.

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Exactly, 2DD! And we know that the "NY" logo on your baseball cap should be immediately above the left eye, not on the back of the head... *tutting in disgust!*

:wink: