Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

An all graduate navy

Yes I'm sure we need more debates every time an order, should that be request, is made?
Well pinged Ninja. Chalk yourself up a point.
Norman feck off.
NZB

NZ_Bootneck said:
Yes I'm sure we need more debates every time an order, should that be request, is made?
Norman feck off.
NZB
Rather strange, Rum Ration. Two of its most ardent supporters have deserted these shores The NZ Bootneck who served something short of a dog watch and the ex-submariner who now lives the dolce vita on the Iberian peninsular. They liked it so much--They left Strange -But true

loftym said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Norman feck off.
NZB
Rather strange, Rum Ration. Two of its most ardent supporters have deserted these shores The NZ Bootneck who served something short of a dog watch and the ex-submariner who now lives the dolce vita on the Iberian peninsular. They liked it so much--They left Strange -But true
Hm, another thing that is rather strange is that this exact same post was posted by LoftyNormaBowline in another thread. I treated it with the respect it deserved and ignored it. Plagiarising yourself now Norma?
It just gets sadder and sadder.
NZB

thingy said:
It should also reflect which University/College the candidate has been to. For example in some of the new universities you can get a first with a mark as low as 50% whereas at London Uni you need to get over 70% marks for most of your essays, class presentations and exams.

You need 85% or above to obtain a 1st with the Open University and you need 70% or above for a 2:1.

loftym said:
NZ_Bootneck said:
Norman feck off.
NZB

Can't you afford a ticket?

the_matelot said:
thingy said:
It should also reflect which University/College the candidate has been to. For example in some of the new universities you can get a first with a mark as low as 50% whereas at London Uni you need to get over 70% marks for most of your essays, class presentations and exams.

You need 85% or above to obtain a 1st with the Open University and you need 70% or above for a 2:1.

In that case we'll add OU to the Russell Group status, Super Chief! :confused: :eek:mg: :evil: :lol:

As I got 78% can I qualify as a Semi-Detached Super Chief? ;)

As has been said earlier though, having letters after your name does not confer compitence in real-life situations, as I know only too well! :oops:

golden_rivet said:
sara21 said:
Anybody can get a BA, BSc, MA these days! Totally pointless idea me thinks.

bollocks - decent qualifications from reputable academic institutions have to be worked for ...

:threaten:

But it doesn't mean to say you'll have any CDF!!!

golden_rivet said:
sara21 said:
Anybody can get a BA, BSc, MA these days! Totally pointless idea me thinks.

bollocks - decent qualifications from reputable academic institutions have to be worked for ...

:threaten:

I agree totally. Chaz, might I suggest you try doing an MRes in Legal Theory at Birkbeck :biggrin:

EEK!!!

My great uncle (ex-submariner)'s coloured maid in Missouri when his son graduated: 'They get a degree but they don't learn NUTHIN.'

It is a very noticeable fact that all the organisations that have gone to a "graduate only" entry scheme have declined in their capabilities, whereas the British Military have more and more staff at senior level who have worked their way up from "the lower deck" and have become more and more capable.

After 23 years in the RN, I did 12 years as a "Civvy" in MoD(N), somebody summed up one of my Graduate HPTOs as "being able to calculate the specific gravity of a pickled onion from 20 paces - but can't get the lid off the jar".

All too true, I'm afraid !

Latest Threads