An Affront to "Honours" list.

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by trelawney126, Jun 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The award to Tessa Jowell is an affront to those who truly deserve being honoured. She said the budget for the Olympic Games would be 2 billion when we got the bid. Now we're told that the games are coming in under budget at £9billion pounds. Now if there was an award for being just ugly and misleading I'm certain I for one would have been the first to endorse the honour.the awards for all politicians should scrapped. As it is the award to Tessa Jowell should be in the class of Arts. She would make a good pantomime Dame and the leading ugly sister. Everyone is entitled to be ugly but she abuses the privilege.:pottytrain1:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Don't speak about mother like that, I'll tell dad.
  3. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Trelawney126: the first three sentences were fine and dandy. Then you left the realm of Current Affairs and intelligent discussion. So does your thread.

4. Well you could have left the first three sentences where they were intended and then moved the rest to the barge. Stand by my quote that Tessa is a grade "A" mong though
    Take it you didn't get a mention in the honours list then :)
  5. It's no worse squire than some dressmaker and Barlow being listed and the we have Cameron resurrecting 'the working class gong' as part of his big society fantasy after John Major binned it, the whole fiasco is an anachronism.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  6. Zip it son, you know full well I was bladdered that night and it's supposed to be a secret.
  7. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

What beats T Jowell is giving an MBE to someone for having their cock cut off.

The whole thing is a farce.

8. So that gong should have been ‘The Memberless of the Order of the British Empire’.
  9. I had to laugh when the powers that be were congratulating themselves on coming in under (an ever-revised) budget......that's right boys you spent half a billion pounds less than you eventually thought you would but in the process spent goodness knows how many billions.

And as for spending £27M on the opening ceremony.....well it had better be bloody good that's all I can say - especially as we're always being told we haven't got two pennies to rub together.

Bloody French must be laughing their heads off.
    • Like Like x 1