An admiral in the making..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by sussex2, Mar 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's it then, this guy will certainly now be catapulted up the career path..you have to, if possible, sink a ship to get all the way to the top; distant memories of was it the Scylla and a Torpoint ferry?
    Those unused to naval ways can learn a lot :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8568091.stm

2. It doesnt work like that any more, with so few ships it now it, allegedly, bars you from further promotion.

In the 80s I talked to Vasco who said he fancied a minor grounding, He reconed that after about 3 or 4 years the Board could still remember you name but not why, thus improving your chances of promotion.

3. 'allegedly' :wink:
    And you are right, there are probably more Torpoint ferries :roll:

4. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

'twas always the advice, get your name known, if all else fails get yourself court martialled, that should do it.

5. A bit off topic, but is he really wearing his golden jubilee medal ribbon ahead of his operational ones?

6. He is. Well spotted that man! Have yourself a beer or five! Its lucky that he's before a Court Martial otherwise some dick would be screaming "Walt"!

7. I saw the fella today, walking through Nelson. He was getting harassed by the press phots he didn't look too happy. But who would, when you have those charges, hanging over your head?

8. Submariners, so much more professional than us skimmers, I mean, I always find myself mistaking a 1 for a 7.

Just lets not mention Nottingham, Southampton, Brazen, Grafton...

9. to be honest, you have to look at that particular chart quite carefully, by all accounts, to tell that the 1 is a 1 not a 7 as the numbers fall over a cross in the gridlines as well - allegedly! At the end of the day though, they got it wrong.

10. Fecking Press Snappers!! 8O

11. This is to be talked about on radio 2 this afternoon on the Jeremy Vine show. Which way will it go?

12. What is there to discuss??