Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Americans Prefer Not to Know

nutty_bag

War Hero
F169 said:
Jarhead,

'sfunny I have suspected he is a Brit since his earlier posts...........

I was unsure of his "American" credentials also. Wherever he's from, he's still a knobber!! Smiler, that means you!!!

Bergen

ADC
nutty_bag said:
F169 said:
Jarhead,

I was unsure of his "American" credentials also. Wherever he's from, he's still a knobber!! Smiler, that means you!!!

He's dyslexic...........it's not Smiley....it's Slimey :lol:

nutty_bag

War Hero
:lol:
Bergen said:
nutty_bag said:
F169 said:
Jarhead,

He's dyslexic...........it's not Smiley....it's Slimey :lol:

Is that like the dyslexic rock star who choked on his own vimto bergs??

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unser_Giftzwerg

Midshipman
msgsmiley said:
Let's see. The first list is mostly media legend. Wow. Every citizen in Britian and America had first hand knowledge of the intelligence. Never mind the UN said the same things. The second list, Clinton and a hummer? My My. Never mind he suborned perjury in a civil suit against him and then tried to suppress the witnesses in said trial. No one ever cared if he liked fat ugly jewish women, but it is against the law even for sitting President to commit perjury and threaten witnesses. Why did he loose his law license? The state of Arkansas disbarred him! If Bush has commited crimes and broken laws then the charges will be brought. So let's get it straight now, any of you blokes that work for the evil BP Corporation are part of a global conspiracy? Look out for the black helos at night lads. What a bunch of discomboulated piss ant drivel. Go hug a Bograt they need love too.

1) 100% false. Has Blix and even America's own #1 WMD inspector (David Kay? ... name escapes me) were saying 1-2 months before our invasion that Iraq's WMD program was DOA. The US intel was a cooked book of lies. 1600 Pensylvannia knew it, 10 Downing St. knew it.

2) Thank you for proving my point. You know all the legal subtleties behind the Hummer Lies, but when it comes down to the Department of Justice lies, all of a sudden your bullhorn barks "Move along, nothing to see here." Selective Outrage Disorder in its -ing glory

3) You are correct. Charges will be brought against VP Cheney and President Bush. Charges are, after all, part and parcel to the impeachment process.

Bergen

ADC
1) 100% false. Has Blix and even America's own #1 WMD inspector (David Kay? ... name escapes me) were saying 1-2 months before our invasion that Iraq's WMD program was DOA. The US intel was a cooked book of lies. 1600 Pensylvannia knew it, 10 Downing St. knew it.

2) Thank you for proving my point. You know all the legal subtleties behind the Hummer Lies, but when it comes down to the Department of Justice lies, all of a sudden your bullhorn barks "Move along, nothing to see here." Selective Outrage Disorder in its -ing glory

3) You are correct. Charges will be brought against VP Cheney and President Bush. Charges are, after all, part and parcel to the impeachment process.
[/quote]

U_G.....Whenever I read your posts I smile a little and my hopes for an end to the leadership nightmare of the USA and the UK increase. The case for an illegal invasion of Iraq was fabricated by the USA; specifically by Bush, Cheney and the neoconservative nut-jobs who played on the fears of citizens after 9/11. US Weapons Inspectors were warning the US government that there were no WMD but the neocons continued to fabricate evidence by manipulating information.

SCOT RITTER WARNING> http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/09/08/ritter.cnna/index.html

The USA was aided and abetted in the manipulation of facts and information by the Government of the United Kingdom.

On 23rd July 2002 an "Eyes Only" memo was distributed within the UK government. Now known as The Downing Street Memo, the distribution list included Defence Secretary, Foreign Secretary, Attorney General, Sir Richard Wilson, John Scarlett, Francis Richards, Jonathan Powell, Sally Morgan, Alastair Campbell.

"C [The head of MI6] reported on his recent talks in Washington. There was a perceptible shift in attitude. Military action was seen as inevitable. Bush wanted to remove Saddam through military action, justified by the conjunction of terrorism and WMD. But the intelligence and the facts were being fixed around policy. The NSC had no patience with the UN route and no enthusiasm for publishing material on the Iraqi regime's record. The was little discussion in Washington of the aftermath of military action."

IMHO any member of the United Kingdom Government who was copied on the Downing Street memo knew that the invasion would be illegal. They would therefore be guilty of war crimes in the abetting of this action and treason for allowing our men and women go to war illegally.

I am confident that there will be a reckoning in the United States and that Bush and Cheney will be impeached. I think that the Vermont State Government is the latest of 14 states to endorse impeachment proceedings; it is simply a matter of time. In the UK I think that after Bliar leaves office then his protection will disappear and his legacy will be seen as an empty shell. This man has done more damage to my country than any Prime Minister in history and one day I hope to see his foolish face in the dock of the ICC facing the world for his crimes.

RM

aussiepint

War Hero
Concur Bergs, but Blairs time in power has made me very apathetic to not only his legacy, but any future leader???? That's what scares me mate? Px

Bergen

ADC
aussiepint said:
Concur Bergs, but Blairs time in power has made me very apathetic to not only his legacy, but any future leader???? That's what scares me mate? Px

They count on apathy to maintain them in power Pinta. In the UK we are lucky if 40% of the electorate bother to vote. People have given up. IMHO the only hope is a grass-roots revival and I think that sites like RR will be responsible for this. I don't think even the site owners realise how powerful a tool this site is. We all know that the Press, MoD and HMG monitor this site for opinions. One day in the near future I think that sites like RR and ARRSE will be powerful tools in the re-democratisation process and will be used to shape opinion rather than reflect it.

I don't agree with a lot of posts and opinions on here but boy is it refreshing to be able to discuss things with a group of people who ultimately want what is best for the country and are patriotic in the best possible way. Able to love their country but to criticise it constructively.

RM

Jarhead

War Hero
nutty_bag said:
F169 said:
Jarhead,

Hell, half the insults coming out of his mouth aren't US insults, from anywhere in the country.

Bergs, it's a pity you live in the States and wern't able to see a play on brit t.v a few months a go.."the trial of Tony Blair" I think it was called, it was tongue in cheek but a good bit of wishful thinking, Blair ended up in the Hague for war crimes after handing over the reins of power to Brown who then stitched him up.

Blairs legacy is already here mate, its a deep loathing and mistrust of politicians, an overcrowded Island full of foriengers and its a country full of people either taxed to the point of ruin or living handsomley from state benifits...unless your a pensioner who's payed into the pot all his life and who now is being Royaly fcuk over by Brown.

And we haven't even got to what the cnuts done to the armed forces.

Jarhead

War Hero
one thing's for certain; he works very weird hours cause when i replied to his post last night, it was at 10pm which is not appropriate for a US schoolteacher, or would be very early in the morning for a Brit, aka zero dark thirty.

aussiepint

War Hero
Bergen said:
aussiepint said:

They count on apathy to maintain them in power Pinta. In the UK we are lucky if 40% of the electorate bother to vote. People have given up. IMHO the only hope is a grass-roots revival and I think that sites like RR will be responsible for this. I don't think even the site owners realise how powerful a tool this site is. We all know that the Press, MoD and HMG monitor this site for opinions. One day in the near future I think that sites like RR and ARRSE will be powerful tools in the re-democratisation process and will be used to shape opinion rather than reflect it.

I don't agree with a lot of posts and opinions on here but boy is it refreshing to be able to discuss things with a group of people who ultimately want what is best for the country and are patriotic in the best possible way. Able to love their country but to criticise it constructively.

RM
Ahh Bergs I just fell in love with a mod 8O why, why, why do we have to rant with no response?? I'm not WAFU but John Howard has a few things to answer for :evil:

Unser_Giftzwerg

Midshipman
Thanks Bergen, it's always interesting and amusing to read your posts. Postcards from Her Majesy's Republic of Texas, sorta thing. Reporting from behind the lines.

There's a lot of good sound sensible talk here, and that's reflected in most everyone I've read on his site. And a lot of good humor. :D

For brain excecize, I try to decipher the Queen's English and RN jargon. I've a decent foundation in Wodehouse, O'Brien, and Pratchett, so I have a fighting chance at that. Except when you all go off the charts with the abbreviations, then I'm lost at sea. (runs, ducks for cover)

The news / current events junkie in me loves this site for practical reasons. I've learned more about the current state of the RN from lurking here than I would from a half-dozen books and ten newspapers.

nutty_bag

War Hero
Unser_Giftzwerg said:
Thanks Bergen, it's always interesting and amusing to read your posts. Postcards from Her Majesy's Republic of Texas, sorta thing. Reporting from behind the lines.

There's a lot of good sound sensible talk here, and that's reflected in most everyone I've read on his site. And a lot of good humor. :D

For brain excecize, I try to decipher the Queen's English and RN jargon. I've a decent foundation in Wodehouse, O'Brien, and Pratchett, so I have a fighting chance at that. Except when you all go off the charts with the abbreviations, then I'm lost at sea. (runs, ducks for cover)

The news / current events junkie in me loves this site for practical reasons. I've learned more about the current state of the RN from lurking here than I would from a half-dozen books and ten newspapers.

Your welcome U_G, get yourself into the chatroom sometime mate

NB

aussiepint

War Hero
Unser_Giftzwerg said:

Lurking just about covers it werg!!

msgsmiley

War Hero
Either Bush is an idiot or he is not. Elected in November 2000 and took office in January 2001. So from January to September 11th 2001 he was very busy behind the scenes doing all of the nefarious things attributed to him. Hell, it takes nearly 9 to 12 months before a new administration gets all of its people in place, anyone ever heard of the consent process, and get their policies rolling. So Bush canned all intelligence people, put his in, cooked all this up, got the Brits to go along, and made it look like the Arabs did 9/11. Not bad for a dumb ass now is it? Wow, what a shaker and mover in 8 short months. You guys are a hoot! Can't even make up your minds where I come from. I will tell you, listen closely, I am a lesbian from Cornwall, but moved to Arizona years ago, but decided to go straight later and ended up in Canada. Jarhead, you still got you pail from your recruit training? Never go anywhere without.

Jarhead

War Hero
haha, oh poor baby, confused enough that you can't even make up your mind. pay attention dopey, its not bush thats the problem, its the people handling him (and i do mean handle, like an animal is handled). funny, slimey, drawing on old information just makes you look stupid. now go piss up a rope and swallow what comes down.

Jarhead

War Hero
I will tell you, listen closely, I am a lesbian from Cornwall, but moved to Arizona years ago, but decided to go straight later and ended up in Canada.

Lesbian implies female, so therefore you need to keep your lies in line, women aren't allowed in combat arms branch until very recently, and still not in tanks or infantry.

why not be honest and say that you're a forum troll, living under a bridge?

Latest Threads