Am I entitled to a pension?

Discussion in 'Finance & Pensions' started by ferrispedro, Feb 4, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone point me in the right direction or answer my query? I joined the RN in June 1962 , did a LS1(?) And came out in June 1971. Am I entitled to any sort of deferred pension? This 1975 business has me completely baffled! Thanks in anticipation. Peter..
    PS all adult years.
  2. I am sorry to have to tell you that, because you left before 1975, you have no preserved pension for your service between 1962 and 1971.
  3. I joined the RN 1970 and left 1978 how do I claim my deferred pension?
  4. Drop Veterans UK a line at the following address:

Veterans UK
    Mail Point 480
    Kentigern House
    65 Brown Street
    G2 8£X

They will need your name, Service number and date of discharge to locate the record.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. You could also ring 0808 1914218 (Veterans UK) and someone there will talk you through it.
  6. Thanks for that will get onto it right away
  7. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

When I left the army in 1976 I had over 7 years reconable service. However I left two months before my 26th birthday so under the rules of AFPS 75 I am ineligible!

This rule did not last long and the 26 age restriction was removed, but not in time for me, and I bet quite a few other guys.
  8. You should sell some books to try and make up the difference! :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

How can one make up the difference when the start is £0 and the end is £0? Maybe I should sell you a book on sums n things!
  10. The difference between not having a pension, and having one!